This is such a great thread! I love building and creating things. And I loved seeing everybody else's creations as well. Let's bring the thread back to life. To begin, I'll share the tower I built for my cat. Some of the materials were repurposed, others I had to buy. The design was mine, too. It was a lot of fun to build, and best of all, the cat loves it!

IMG_6494.JPG

I also built the book shelf on the right, and a top for the toy storage on the left, so that my lazy cat can climb up the bean bag and then walk across the top of the toy storage to get to her tower. She *could* just jump up, but that's too much work :lol:

IMG_5381.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_6485.JPG

IMG_4277.JPG

In fact, she loved it so much that I decided to make use of that love. I'd bought her a nice bed years earlier but she never used it. So I replaced the cushion I'd made for the base of the tower with her old bed. Well that changed everything. She loves her old bed now! :lol:
IMG_6613.JPG

This is such a great thread! I love building and creating things. And I loved seeing everybody else's creations as well. Let's bring the thread back to life. To begin, I'll share the tower I built for my cat. Some of the materials were repurposed, others I had to buy. The design was mine, too. It was a lot of fun to build, and best of all, the cat loves it!

View attachment 1964839
I also built the book shelf on the right, and a top for the toy storage on the left, so that my lazy cat can climb up the bean bag and then walk across the top of the toy storage to get to her tower. She *could* just jump up, but that's too much work :lol:

View attachment 1964846

View attachment 1964844

View attachment 1964847

View attachment 1964855

In fact, she loved it so much that I decided to make use of that love. I'd bought her a nice bed years earlier but she never used it. So I replaced the cushion I'd made for the base of the tower with her old bed. Well that changed everything. She loves her old bed now! :lol:
View attachment 1964859
That's awesome! Well done! Your cat clearly loves it and has a fantastic vantage point at the top!

That's awesome! Well done! Your cat clearly loves it and has a fantastic vantage point at the top!
Thank you! The height was crucial. It lets her safely escape the kids' rough love :lol: When they are home and awake she pretty much lives at the top of the tower, coming down to pee or eat only when they're gone, haha. Though now that they're getting older and more gentle, she's starting to spend some time down with them as well.

I am in the process of cleaning up my woodworking shop.
then I am going to re-arrange the "furniture"
I have a few projects that I want to do.
One is to make a drawer divider for silverware.
I don't care for the cheapo plastic one we have. the trays are not deep enough for the silverware. We have a matching set of 20's.
I made a knife holder for sharp knives a long time ago. It is too bulky and not enough spaces for all the knives we have.
I have also mentally designing a wall of shelves from floor to ceiling with glass doors
that will have to happen in the summer because I don't want to have to heat the shop for a long period of time..
.......jiminwisc.......

I made this mechanism to screen out my topsoil. Got a load of topsoil for free, but there are rocks, grass clumps, and other things that need to be screened out before I Use in my raised flower beds.
The box is 2 feet X 4 feet. and 6 inches deep. Suspended on nylon cargo load straps. The electric motor, is from a discontinued washing machine. I fashioned an off balance device attached to pulley. When motor is turned on... it shakes more than Elvis Presley.
Makes the tray vibrate. Vibration, cause the deposited soil to screen thru. Larger pieces like rocks, and grass clumps stay on top/behind.
IMG_20220826_161643_8.jpg

The pile below is nice soil for my use. No rocks,, not glass ,, no grass, no plastic bottle caps.
IMG_20220826_161711_1.jpg

This is my source to shake thru. I call it "poor-mans Topsoil" since it was FREE, and becomes "PREMIUM GRADE" once I screen it out. :old :highfive:
IMG_20220826_161722_2.jpg

The whole thing is supported on a section of scaffolding. When I will be finished,, I will disassemble and put things away,, so not to take up too much space in storage. Buckets and tubs are to collect the discards, and throw away. The plastic pool is to protect car from flying debris if any should decide to fly.
IMG_20220826_163917_0.jpg
IMG_20220818_184340_1.jpg
IMG_20220818_184352_2.jpg
IMG_20220818_184515_3.jpg
IMG_20220818_184648_3.jpg
IMG_20220818_184653_2.jpg

This was my first raised flowerbed I filled. Have more in the back yard coming soon.
IMG_20220819_190020_4.jpg
IMG_20220819_190119_4.jpg

Very clever Rich! What is the off balance device?
2 ½ inch automotive tailpipe clamp. I bent it to fit to my desire. and placed a large nut for added weight. Tightened it onto the motors pulley.
It was trial and error. If the vibration would have been insufficient,, I have larger/heavier chunks of steel items I could place instead of the nut.

image_2022-08-31_235155908.png

Back
Top Bottom