Pics
On another thread I was sharing fly control strategies and thought I would share some here. It is easier to control flies when you have more devices working. I purchase these from Walmart for about $5. When they get filled I remove the one way trap device and place on a clear juice jug. Clear works better than opaque since the flies can see into. All their relatives are enjoying the spoils. :lau. It is similar to this one but better. I believe the flies can escape from this one. Mine is more like Fort Knox.:oops:
View attachment 1111667 This is the original store version.
This is my home edited version.
View attachment 1111673
I keep reusing when bottle gets about half. I just save some of the fly juice as starting attractant, and add more water. I keep about 5 or 6 in different locations and my fly problem is under control.
I have a half dozen of those bags that are getting brittle from reuse. Great tip! Thank you...

how bout home made hair cuts? I cut my own hair. I do all that I can reach, then, I trust hubby with the scissors to do the back! He actually does a pretty good job, and I often have folks complimenting my hair cuts. If you buy a nice set of electric hair clippers, they will pay for themselves after the first 2 hair cuts. I figure that every time I cut my hair, I save the cost of the hair cut, the tip, the gas to drive an hour (round trip) and the hour of travel involved... and am not sitting in a crowded salon... especially advantageous during cold and flu season. Also not exposing my asthma lungs to all of the chemicals associated with a hair salon.

how bout home made hair cuts? I cut my own hair. I do all that I can reach, then, I trust hubby with the scissors to do the back! He actually does a pretty good job, and I often have folks complimenting my hair cuts. If you buy a nice set of electric hair clippers, they will pay for themselves after the first 2 hair cuts. I figure that every time I cut my hair, I save the cost of the hair cut, the tip, the gas to drive an hour (round trip) and the hour of travel involved... and am not sitting in a crowded salon... especially advantageous during cold and flu season. Also not exposing my asthma lungs to all of the chemicals associated with a hair salon.

I, too, cut my own hair. Normally that's not saying much because it's just bangs and trimming the ends so I don't sit on them. I cut my hair to just above shoulder length this early spring, donating the three + feet of hair to kids with cancer via Locks of Love. I also cut HE's hair, which is much harder and involves clippers. He likes it high and tight, so . . . Yeah, not as easy as mine.

I had dogs that I trimmed/groomed, but those all aged out of the equation this last year. Now I just help groom up animals at the local animal shelter and a couple of rescue groups. Keeps me in practice and helps them feel more comfortable and more eadily find homes.

Well.................... kind of home made, but a great solution to keeping squirrels from devastating your bird feeder. Problem with squirrels is,,,,,, they will pull ALL seeds out until they get every last sunflower seed. Rest of seeds fall to the ground and much gets wasted when gets wet. I do feed those tree rats BTW. But separately.
822.jpg
823.jpg

When not using seed dispenser, I keep rope occupied with a potted flower.
Trick to getting rope up over a limb 40 feet above ground. Use a string with a weight like a small wrench or similar, and fling over after swinging in a circular motion. After a successful throw, attach heavier rope and pull over. I'm using a 1/4 inch nylon, doubled over so it can be easily replaced after a few years of UV degradation.
1123131222-00.jpg

I place nuts and sunflower seeds into that cup. My Lil Tree rats.:hugs
The pioneers referred to them as LIMB CHICKENS.(Google it). Most likely because they tasted like............ well CHICKEN.:lau

Here is another one I neither invented nor perfected, but many peeps forget of its usefulness. I don't really like gravity, especially when I'm climbing a vertical cliff, but since it is here, might as well take advantage of it. This is maintenance free and adjustable force to your needs.
IMG_20170824_132342365.jpg

There is a small pulley from hardware store up there, just could not squeeze into picture.
IMG_20170824_132356289.jpg

I simply unclip dog clip and my gate stays open. When attached, gate closes by itself and stays closed even in high wind. (not hurricane strength):lau
IMG_20170824_132519004.jpg

IMG_20170824_132456407.jpg

These are the weights I made. A short piece of chain is embedded into concrete cement. I use these as canoe boating anchors. They do not bang up inside of canoe, and are sufficient weight to hold a canoe in flat river current.

I, too, cut my own hair. Normally that's not saying much because it's just bangs and trimming the ends so I don't sit on them. I cut my hair to just above shoulder length this early spring, donating the three + feet of hair to kids with cancer via Locks of Love. I also cut HE's hair, which is much harder and involves clippers. He likes it high and tight, so . . . Yeah, not as easy as mine.

I had dogs that I trimmed/groomed, but those all aged out of the equation this last year. Now I just help groom up animals at the local animal shelter and a couple of rescue groups. Keeps me in practice and helps them feel more comfortable and more eadily find homes.

Wonderful acts of service, both!

Back
Top Bottom