puppies will fall down stairs, that is how it is.
they won't get hurt..
just let them go and they will learn.
take it from the mother dog, she doesn't interfere..
If you are so worried, take the steps away until they are older. .
plastic is slippery .. maybe glue some old carpet strips or heavy cloth to the treads ..
......jiminwisc.....

Great idea on steps
I have a litter of 10 pups and stupid me bought plastic steps for them to learn heights but I didn't account for them pushing each other off and falling getting hurt. Ughhh wasted cash unless I can figure out a way to add wood up sides and

Is there a cover in them? Ors were plastic but had a removable fuzzy cover on them. You could glue some carpet to them if not.

My husband used scrap wood from other projects for ours but bought the carpet to attach. Walmart I think.

Is there a cover in them? Ors were plastic but had a removable fuzzy cover on them. You could glue some carpet to them if not.

My husband used scrap wood from other projects for ours but bought the carpet to attach. Walmart I think.

Yes they have somesorta wool feeling treads glued on. It is actually pretty high up.

I did not make this, but I did a lot of improvising .
I have a frame for a two row cultivator for my tractor.
I don't have a plow, but I do have a garden.
Soooo, I got to thinking. how can I work up the garden soil ?
Here's how. I took all the spring teeth off of the cultivator frame. bought all new matching nuts and bolts.. some of the old ones were mismatched, so I needed several different wrenches.. some were so rusted I had to cut them off..
anyway, I loosened up every bolt on the mounting brackets. lots of penetrating oil and about a whole day's work.
Now it is a simple matter to loosen bolts and remove teeth and rearrange them into any configuration I need. I can do a one row cultivator, a two row cultivator, "chisel plow" and spring tooth drag..
I went one step further and bought two 16" discs. with them I can hill potatoes or just make hills for planting corn or beans on top.
by rearranging the discs, I can dig a furrow.
yesterday I mowed down some really tall weeds in a garden that I did not use this year. the weeds were over 5 feet tall.
today I set 4 of the spring teeth about 12" apart and "chisel plowed" the garden.
tomorrow I am going to sow a bushel of winter rye seed for a cover crop. Next spring I will "chisel plow" the rye under for green manure and plant the garden in a hopefully weed free soil..
I am going to get a friend to weld me up a buster plow..
.......jiminwisc....

One of my goals this year is to recycle more. I found an idea to recycle tshirts into no sew grocery bags and since I dont need more rags I decided to try it

20190114_095417.jpg
20190114_105048.jpg
20190114_105039.jpg

I got a new sewing machine for Christmas and have been making all sorts of things. I needed more organization baskets for my craft area but those things are expensive! So I used old fabric and a curtain rod and made some storage. I also sewed my daughter a messenger bag and a skirt. I needed coasters and made some of those as well.
15475817496381799509066.jpg
20190115_144252.jpg
1547581831167695464566.jpg

Back
Top Bottom