Homestead Pizza Pie

frugal

Songster
11 Years
Aug 9, 2008
NEK, Vermont
Homestead Pizza Pie!

21.jpg

I love pizza, and I love my pizza. Like most people I've got my favorites and here's one of mine.

Pizza Dough
Yield: 1 large rectangular or 2 medium round pies

• 4 cups flour
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 2 tablespoons dry yeast
• 2¼ cups warm water (120°)

• Mix half of the flour with the salt, sugar, and yeast.
• Pour warm water over flour mixture and stir until blended.
• Add the rest of the flour and mix until you have a soft dough. Add additional flour if necessary.
• Turn out onto well-floured surface and knead until nearly smooth—a few minutes. Your dough will be a little tacky.
• Place your dough in a greased bowl and let rise 1-1½ hours
• Punch down and allow to rise again for 45 minutes.
• Punch down and divide in halves.
• Spread dough onto greased pizza pans.
• Cook at 475° for approximately 15 minutes (Remember, dark pans brown quicker than light pans.)

If your dough is hard to handle just grease your hands a little. Press your dough to edges and use index finger to form crust edges, pressing deeply into sides of pan. Top with desired toppings and place in pre-heated oven at 475° for about 15 minutes. Check bottom of crust—it should be nicely browned and crisp.

Homestead Pizza Pie!

01.jpg

Let's make the dough.
You'll need flour, salt, sugar, yeast and a mixing bowl.

02.jpg

Put the dry ingredients and half the flour into your bowl.

03.jpg

And mix them up.

04.jpg

Heat your water to 120°

05.jpg

Pour the water into your mixing bowl with the salt, sugar, yeast and half of your flour.

07.jpg

Completely mix in the balance of your flour.

08.jpg

Flop it on your counter and knead.

09.jpg

A nice lump set to rise in my greased bowl.

10.jpg

Punch it down after the first rise.

11.jpg

What's around the homestead?
Red Peppers, Black Olives, Venison Salami, Bear Sausage, Mushrooms, Parmesan Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese, Pizza Sauce, Onion, Green Pepper

12.jpg

Second rise.

13.jpg

Deflate.

14.jpg

Press out into your pan.

15.jpg

It's building time!

16.jpg

First my own special sauce.

17.jpg

And then whatever you have around the homestead.

18.jpg

Round and round the pie we go.

19.jpg

Just about finished.

20.jpg

Cook it at 475° for 15-17 minutes to desired crispiness.

21.jpg

A delicious looking Pizza Pie.

22.jpg

Hunger extinguished!

Last edited:
Oh gosh....now I'll have to make homemade pizza today.
big_smile.png
It looks delicious!

I love your cookstove. Is it an old one, or one of the newer gas or electric models? We have an old one by Danville Stove Co that we love...wood fired of course.

edited - too many o's in stoove. LOL

Last edited:
Wonderful, just wonderful!!! I love the photo essay especially!! DH has been making a lot of pizza lately ( we moved here to rural Maine a year ago-- and there is essentially no take out to be found) and we've been experimenting with different dough recipes-- this one will be next!

I LOVE your stove!

Nice. I love your house, looks nice and old. Love the 1st photo of you as well! Well taken.

I usually make my own pizza but use storebought dough. (Ready dough or something like that in the freezer section)

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. I post here because it's such a fine forum. You can find an answer to just about any bird related question you might have and some of the discussions are priceless. The discussion on Incubating Humidity alone was amazing and chocked full of information. So I add what I'm able and learn what I don't know. Good trade-off!

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom