Homesteaders

I'm pretty sure I ate too much spicy TexMex when I was pregnant and nursing. My daughter teethed on chips and salsa, got hella mad if you tried to take it away. To this day, at age 27, she's Mama's Little Pepper Belly!

Glad everyone is doing so well. Tiny bit of high bilirubin is no biggie. Sunshine is absolutely the best thing. Doing it right.

So happy for y'all!

i would love to be more self-sufficient, but at the time its tough. i don't have a ton of money (very little and the money i do get goes into well most of the time fishing gear/hunting gear and now trapping gear) as am only 18 at the moment and have yet to get a job (unless you call fur trapping a job) and the family is well not really into the self-sufficient craze that i have. but these are some of the things i would like to have in the future to provide food. i would love to raise meat rabbits, maybe a cow, turkeys, quail etc..

now for my first major project i want to undertake is a fish pond, (now i really have 2 farms, one is where i live and the other is a family farm no lives on it but it is rented out to a guy who cattle farms on it.) long story short, there is a dug out on this farm about 15-20 feet deep which hit ground water and fills up naturally. it stays full (so far) when every thing else is dry. i have no idea how big it is. but plan or hoping to raise fish in it. (rainbow trout as there legal to raise in my province and with a permit i can sell the extra fish just whole dead fish with no work) now does any one else raise fish on there farm or have a dug out for fish? as am looking/hoping for around 100 fish it can hold, and if i can even get half of them out then that is a bit of fish to eat.

i would love to be more self-sufficient, but at the time its tough. i don't have a ton of money (very little and the money i do get goes into well most of the time fishing gear/hunting gear and now trapping gear) as am only 18 at the moment and have yet to get a job (unless you call fur trapping a job) and the family is well not really into the self-sufficient craze that i have. but these are some of the things i would like to have in the future to provide food. i would love to raise meat rabbits, maybe a cow, turkeys, quail etc..

now for my first major project i want to undertake is a fish pond, (now i really have 2 farms, one is where i live and the other is a family farm no lives on it but it is rented out to a guy who cattle farms on it.) long story short, there is a dug out on this farm about 15-20 feet deep which hit ground water and fills up naturally. it stays full (so far) when every thing else is dry. i have no idea how big it is. but plan or hoping to raise fish in it. (rainbow trout as there legal to raise in my province and with a permit i can sell the extra fish just whole dead fish with no work) now does any one else raise fish on there farm or have a dug out for fish? as am looking/hoping for around 100 fish it can hold, and if i can even get half of them out then that is a bit of fish to eat.
I had heard rainbow trout need cold water and didn't do well in shallow ponds, but catfish did

Back
Top Bottom