Hoop houses

pringle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Pepperell,MA
Hi there,I plan on breeding ducks this spring and Im going to have alot running around but recently there has beeen a hawk nearby so I want to make hoop houses to deter it.So if anyone has a link on how to make it or if you just want to post it it would be greatly apperciated thanks
smile.png

Thanks for ansewering so fast but the problem is I just suck sooo bad at carpentry,so if you have any links of making a hoop house outa pvc it would be apreciated thanks.

This is the link I used when i built mine in SC..it was soooo ez. http://westsidegardener.com/howto/hoophouse.html

However..If
I build another, theres a few things I would do differently.. I would buy a huge tarp & tent stakes & stake the whole thing down, because when it gets windy, the whole thing will flip over..and I had even used heavier wood on the bottom than they suggested. Then, in the summer when it gets hot I would cover 1/2 of it with deer netting & pull the tarp back on 1 side ..makes a nice place for the birds to stay out of the rain & sun.

I never had predator problems with it, and if deer netting was used over the top, it could be aproned at the botttom to further deter predators. the inside I had divided into several breeding pens..i LOVE these..if you want some pics Im sure I can dig some out for you.

Thanks for the link but would you have something thats a bit smaller, like maybe for 8-10 chickens or ducks?thanks

This can easily be made smaller or larger, just use half the "ribs" going across the hoop, any smaller than that and there wouldnt be enough room for 8-10 birdees

Thanks for all the responses and all I want is a chicken hoop house in which you can put em in it during the day and then put them in something seperate at night.

Maybe instead of a hoop house you would do better with a chicken tractor. They can be made any size, with or without an enclosure to sleep in at night, and they are made to be portable. One of those would fit your needs and you can buy them at some farm stores. Your last posting made a tractor sound like it would be a better fit for what you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom