Hoover’s Mystic Onyx

I think they're a medium sized bird.
I started a thread RE: a strange looking rooster that I obtained last May from our local TSC. The hens I got at the same time were actual Southern Ramblers. Good looking birds, but this guy appears to be the aforesaid Black Onyx.
Good lucking, but ornery!

Here is a picture of the truly beautiful bird:

Virgil (1).jpg
Rambler (1).jpg

So they are not always black?
2 out of 25 where not all black. I put more pictures of the odd 2 out in my previous post but no not all where black the chick that looks like an americana also has slat legs and 5 toes. The red faced one I suspect will be a rooster which is annoying considering I have some 3 sumatra roos coming in June with 30 ameraucana pullets.

2 out of 25 where not all black. I put more pictures of the odd 2 out in my previous post but no not all where black the chick that looks like an americana also has slat legs and 5 toes. The red faced one I suspect will be a rooster which is annoying considering I have some 3 sumatra roos coming in June with 30 ameraucana pullets.
So that is very interesting about the color variations. I hope you post pictures of both the black and odd colored chicks as they get older.

Back
Top Bottom