Horse:1 Dog:0

bockbock2008

Why do they call me crazy??
11 Years
Dec 30, 2008
Southwest Indiana
Don't take this the wrong way. Ilove all animals. With that disclaimer. My neighbors dog got kicked in the head by one of my horses tonight. Awww. Poor dog you say? That poor dog got what was coming to him. A few weeks ago he killed at least 3 of my chickens. We asked them to keep him on thier property. Then last weekend he bit one of my stepsons friends and ripped her pants while she was riding her bike on the road. We will keep a closer eye on him they say. So I haven't been letting my chickens out of their run for the past several weeks and thought it was ok to let them out again since now the dog is biting people and my neighbors said they wouldn't let him run anymore.. So I have been letting them freerange for the past 3 days for a couple hours in the evening. Tonight the dog was taking a shortcup through the pasture to get to my chickens and my mustang got to him first. I was outside and heard the dog yelp and when I saw him he looked like his back end was partially paralyzed as he was running back home. Since we are friends with these people and they have 2 young kids (of course the dog is great with them) I went to make sure their dog got home ok. The said he convulsed for about 10 minutes and they thought they were going to have to shoot him. Then he jumped up and was fine. He does have a bit of a hoof print on his head but oh well. Lets see how stupid this dog is and how long it takes him to come back this time.

well you can't be held liable for other peoples animals but I would report the bite to the dog warden. and the death of your chickens. Bad owners
smack.gif

poor dog!... and stupid jerk owners for not caring enough about him to keep him home! UGH!
somad.gif

Quote:
hhhmmmmm

I almost built my coop inside the pasture so the horses could protect the chickens. Always trust your first instincts. Lesson learned

My chickens, ducks and alpacas are in with the horses. Think that is one reason we are doing "ok" with predators.

I can't stand people that can't keep their own dogs in their yards. I figure if you have them you should love them that much. I can stand on that soapbox because I have THREE dogs, 2 of which are hounds. I would never dream of letting them roam and if they escaped that would be FIXED. They are my babies!!

Good mustang!, Poor doggie that they don't care enough to bother taking him to a vet with a head injury.

Not the dog's fault, owner's fault its a totally natural thing for him to want to chase your chickens. If he came over again I would take him to the animal control or humane society and maybe he'll get a better home.

we had a little paso fina gelding and that was his favorite thing to do was chase dogs
if he could stomp em he would

Back
Top Bottom