HorseGirlAbby's flock thread!

Pics
It's going to be an exciting day today!! We're planning to get some pullets from a local person who was selling them on Craigslist. They have Easter Eggers/Ameraucanas, not sure which, and Welsummers. We're hoping to get four more, just so we can get some more eggs. The old ones are all molting right now, and I have no idea how many are going to lay in the spring. So we wanted to bring in some new blood! I've never had Welsummers before, but I've heard they're good layers and friendly hens. I'll hopefully get pics of them later, but we probably won't go get them for a few hours. Stay tuned!

~Abby
We got them! Two Welsummers and two Easter Eggers. The EE's couldn't look more different. I'm not spoiling their colors, though! :D You'll have to wait and see.

@AmeraucanaHank @Bakbuk @Fuchsia @Wild Claws @Lovely Lettie @The-White-Elephant @Chicken Quest @NC_Quail come see!

Here they are! I debated pulling a Bukky and waiting a week, but decided not to.
This is Charlotte, one of the EE's.
DSC00450.jpeg

Charlotte and Bean, one of the Welsummers.
DSC00453.jpeg

Penny, Welsummer number two.
DSC00459.jpeg

Cleo, short for Cleopatra, the second EE. She's really skittish, so it was hard to get a good picture of her. She's the black and gold one in the back.
DSC00462.jpeg

Charlotte again, because she's so stinking cute!
DSC00466.jpeg

I hoped that the EEs would actually be Ameraucanas, but didn't really expect them to be. They are adorable anyways, though! And yes, we've named them all. Lucy named Bean, and our Mom named the others.

@AmeraucanaHank @Bakbuk @Fuchsia @Wild Claws @Lovely Lettie @The-White-Elephant @Chicken Quest @NC_Quail come see!

Here they are! I debated pulling a Bukky and waiting a week, but decided not to.
View attachment 3292658
View attachment 3292659
View attachment 3292660
Cleo, short for Cleopatra, the second EE. She's really skittish, so it was hard to get a good picture of her. She's the black and gold one in the back.
View attachment 3292666
View attachment 3292661
I hoped that the EEs would actually be Ameraucanas, but didn't really expect them to be. They are adorable anyways, though! And yes, we've named them all. Lucy named Bean, and our Mom named the others.
You have a Penny now too! ❤️

Some random photos I've taken the past week or so:
Ivy. I can't get over how cute her little face is! She just looks so sweet and huggable.
DSC00443.jpeg

Sprinkles, who was cold this morning. Poor chickie is molting right now.
DSC00440.jpeg

And Bukky, because no post is complete without Miss Grumpypants.
DSC00410.jpeg
DSC00446.jpeg

View attachment 3292658
View attachment 3292659
View attachment 3292660
View attachment 3292666
View attachment 3292661
Thanks for the tag! I love Charlotte!

View attachment 3292658
View attachment 3292659
View attachment 3292660
View attachment 3292666
View attachment 3292661
Awwwwww there adorable especially Charlotte 😍

Back
Top Bottom