Horses

I would worry about colic. Look for her rolling, kicking at her stomach, pawing, not eating etc. Look for anything that isn't typical of her. Also check her TPR.
Hope this helps

Yes colic would be the greatest threat. I would not feed her more bran mash or grain, just a bit of hay and fresh water.

If he were mine, I'd definitely keep in in his stall at night and out only in a paddock during the day, if that. The gash on his neck looks pretty awful. Both do really.

If he were mine, I'd definitely keep in in his stall at night and out only in a paddock during the day, if that. The gash on his neck looks pretty awful. Both do really.

It's actually his leg. His foot got infected so we bought antibiotics. Then the other one appeared. It's only him and one mare and they get along great. They will canter a lil and play but that's it. Nothing harmful or rough

My guess is coyotes chasing and spooking him. I've seen them cross the street during the day sometimes. The dogs have never fazed him before.

I couldn't tell what I was looking at - At any rate, if it's coyotes, seems you need to take measures to protect him, particularly now that he's injured. Maybe the gashes are from coyote teeth.

I couldn't tell what I was looking at - At any rate, if it's coyotes, seems you need to take measures to protect him, particularly now that he's injured.  Maybe the gashes are from coyote teeth.

No I don't think they are from coyote teeth. I think it's barbed wire. I think something is spooking him into the barbed wire. I just don't know what. That's the issue. I've asked the land owners if anything is going on and they said no, they haven't seen anything out of the ordinary. So I don't know what's going on. Coyotes are a guess, not a fact.

Back
Top Bottom