Hot Hot Hot!

Gma

In the Brooder
9 Years
Yesterday was a scorcher here in north central Oregon, I used a fan and a large dish of water full of ice to help my panting little brood. Today my very accomodating son-in-law is going to open up more "air space" for better cross ventilation. This is a learning process! The changes and improvements may never end! Also used a fan for the horses, which they enjoyed, while in the barn out of the sun.

Today will probably be the same. Try to stay cool everyone.
D.gif

Take some milk jugs or 2 liter bottles fill them with water and freeze them place them randomly threw out the coop you can even take a big 5 gallon bucket of ice set your fan so that it blows on the top of the bucket creating a air conditioner of sorts by blowing the cool air off the ice if that makes any sense.
wink.png
good luck and I will pray for rain.

Quote:
Don't FILL something you are going to freeze, 1/2 fill it... its a mess otherwise- and I didn't think to remind/ask about it... Nothing like a slow cold leak in the freezer...

I must admit i am confused about your post. so I will be more explanitory. (common sense tells us not to fill a jug to its max capacity as it will or can explode when water freezes it expands to be sure to give some room for that) as for half filling it. you might as well make a dozen of them then. if its as hot there as it was here half full wont last long at all. Common sense again tells us Do not lay the jug or jugs on there sides in the freezer as it can cause a leak from the sealthus causeing problems in the freezer. Sorry I was so unspecific In my attempts to help I will try better next time thanks.

Quote:
Don't FILL something you are going to freeze, 1/2 fill it... its a mess otherwise- and I didn't think to remind/ask about it... Nothing like a slow cold leak in the freezer...

I must admit i am confused about your post. so I will be more explanitory. (common sense tells us not to fill a jug to its max capacity as it will or can explode when water freezes it expands to be sure to give some room for that) as for half filling it. you might as well make a dozen of them then. if its as hot there as it was here half full wont last long at all. Common sense again tells us Do not lay the jug or jugs on there sides in the freezer as it can cause a leak from the sealthus causeing problems in the freezer. Sorry I was so unspecific In my attempts to help I will try better next time thanks.

Wow- 'chill' - I was not attacking anyone just sharing what happened when -I- didn't check when -I- was giving instructions to someone else that then left my freezer standing with about 3 inches of slick ice... It was just a reminder ... being in FL myself It didn't occur to me that someone would FILL something to put in the freezer, but my friend who was helping me out is from MN and never had to put out frozen things for the animals before...

She also assumed I meant freezer when I said 'ice box' and when she repeated the words back to me, my mother has always used 'ice box' to mean refrigerator, I understood how there was a miscommunication- but I still had frozen pickle slush and a broken pickle jar in the freezer...

Quote:

Wow- 'chill' - I was not attacking anyone just sharing what happened when -I- didn't check when -I- was giving instructions to someone else that then left my freezer standing with about 3 inches of slick ice... It was just a reminder ... being in FL myself It didn't occur to me that someone would FILL something to put in the freezer, but my friend who was helping me out is from MN and never had to put out frozen things for the animals before...

She also assumed I meant freezer when I said 'ice box' and when she repeated the words back to me, my mother has always used 'ice box' to mean refrigerator, I understood how there was a miscommunication- but I still had frozen pickle slush and a broken pickle jar in the freezer...

my Apoligies Ma'am

Back
Top Bottom