Houdan's butterfly comb

Anonymous__

Chirping
Sep 6, 2021
I am working on a breeding project and want to incorporate butterfly combs from Houdans into it. I've looked at a lot of places and found the US SOP of Houndans have a V-comb while other places' SOP explain Houdans have a butterfly comb. Where can I find someone selling any eggs or chicks from butterfly comb chickens? Also, Would you have any suggestions for other breeds that have a butterfly (not buttercup) comb? Any site names or alternative suggestions (though really I hope to find a good stock of butterfly comb Houdans)? Also, how would making the butterfly comb work/ how was it created and what did it originate from?

I am working on a breeding project and want to incorporate butterfly combs from Houdans into it. I've looked at a lot of places and found the US SOP of Houndans have a V-comb while other places' SOP explain Houdans have a butterfly comb. Where can I find someone selling any eggs or chicks from butterfly comb chickens? Also, Would you have any suggestions for other breeds that have a butterfly (not buttercup) comb? Any site names or alternative suggestions (though really I hope to find a good stock of butterfly comb Houdans)? Also, how would making the butterfly comb work/ how was it created and what did it originate from?
1691673375354.png

1691673388000.png

1691673570680.png

Here are some examples for reference of what I'm looking for, butterfly combs go diagonally outward whereas buttercup combs are much more pointier and go upward in a cup type of shape. I am trying to find some chickens, chicks, or eggs from chickens that look like the ones in the photos.

View attachment 3604921
View attachment 3604922
View attachment 3604924
Here are some examples for reference of what I'm looking for, butterfly combs go diagonally outward whereas buttercup combs are much more pointier and go upward in a cup type on shape. I am trying to find some chickens, chicks, or eggs from chickens that look like the ones in the photos.
I was just looking at pictures, & honestly they look the same. I think the only difference is the Houdan's is based on a carnation comb, rather then regular single comb.

I was just looking at pictures, & honestly they look the same. I think the only difference is the Houdan's is based on a carnation comb, rather then regular single comb.
1691673803668.png

This is a buttercup comb, it stays connected and has a lot more and narrower spikes unlike the buttercup comb.

The same Duplex gene is responsible for both combs, just one is based on regular single comb(Buttercup), & the other is carnation comb based(Butterfly).

Back
Top Bottom