Hova Bator genesis 1588 temp question

I just recently bought my second havobator genisis to have one for hatching and one for setting. In each incubators I use a digital hygrometer/thermometer made by incubator warehouse leave it on top of eggs and adjust my temp based on that. The controller on incubator is useless but now I have had 100% hatches and if you are not opening bator vary often it doesn't usually need to be adjusted.

Hello, i hate to make this my first post. I have been reading this forum for awhile and have received many valuable tips even though i am raising turkeys.

I purchased the hova bator genesis about 3 weeks ago from the recommendations here as i have so many people waiting for chicks and couldn't take chances with my broody girls.

It arrived with a bad power supply, but tech was nice and had a new one here fairly quickly. Worked great until now. Woke up with a temp of 104.5, just like a previous poster. I'm devastated.

I will be posting my serial # as previously requested as well as the response of the company when they open.

davidtx,

Welcome to the "1% acceptable failure rate." Good luck trying to make them care. I tried reasoning with the guy at GQF and he didn't care ONE BIT about the nature of the malfunction or that other people's malfunction was the same. Just out of curiosity, where did you buy your unit?

Have spoken to both the manufacturer and the seller. GQF gave me the same lecture about a certain percentage will always fail ect. And offered to send a new thermostat.
Incubator warehouse was very interested in what was going and mentioned the turner motor may be overheating, causing my trouble. All the things said by both may be true. However, i paid twice as much for the genesis compared to their competition because i believed it may be a superioir product.
Incubator warehouse has sent me a return label and i will post when i receive my refund. So far IW has been empathetic and professional.

This has been an interesting read. I have a digital Hovabator Genesis 1588 that has worked perfectly for the past 2 seasons. In fact, it has worked so well that I got lazy this year and didn't check it to make sure the temps were correct. I have a GQF cabinet hatcher that I use for an incubator then hatch in the Genesis without the egg turner. Last year, I hatched around 200 chicks using the 2 incubators. This year, I purchased a used Brinsea Octagon 20 and I've been trying to get the temp calibrated correctly on it. I've purchased several different digital thermometers and some liquid ones, too. I even bought a Brinsea spot check. I set some eggs for hatch in my Genesis last night and this morning decided to check the temp in it using the Brinsea spot check. The incubator display shows a temp of 100 or just below. The spot check at egg level shows a temp of 98.4. Yikes! That was a shock! I've tried to raise the temp but the controls do nothing. I have a 1602 with an installed fan so I quickly changed tops and it is holding the correct temp. So, I guess I will contact the company and ask them what to do. It is very disappointing after having 2 successful hatching seasons with this incubator.

This has been an interesting read. I have a digital Hovabator Genesis 1588 that has worked perfectly for the past 2 seasons. In fact, it has worked so well that I got lazy this year and didn't check it to make sure the temps were correct. I have a GQF cabinet hatcher that I use for an incubator then hatch in the Genesis without the egg turner. Last year, I hatched around 200 chicks using the 2 incubators. This year, I purchased a used Brinsea Octagon 20 and I've been trying to get the temp calibrated correctly on it. I've purchased several different digital thermometers and some liquid ones, too. I even bought a Brinsea spot check. I set some eggs for hatch in my Genesis last night and this morning decided to check the temp in it using the Brinsea spot check. The incubator display shows a temp of 100 or just below. The spot check at egg level shows a temp of 98.4. Yikes! That was a shock! I've tried to raise the temp but the controls do nothing. I have a 1602 with an installed fan so I quickly changed tops and it is holding the correct temp. So, I guess I will contact the company and ask them what to do. It is very disappointing after having 2 successful hatching seasons with this incubator.
I have never spot checked my Hovabator but it has been very reliable. We'll see it's full right now with eggs from the party.

I have a 1588 and just went into lockdown tonight. I will let everyone know how it turns out. So far everything is going great. Temp has been right on. I have 2 other thermometers inside that are reading within .3 degrees of what the bator says. My extra hygrometer died (I ordered a new one but wont be here until Saturday) so I am hoping that the humidity stays like I need it to. I am really hoping since this is a brand new unit that it will continue to function correctly. I am wondering if there is a way that we should store these if we are not using them for several months/a year so that they will function correctly the next time we use it? Is there a "shut down/storage procedure"?

Back
Top Bottom