How big of a quilt will 3yds make? (updated as I finish quilt)

I just got a yard of each. I like zebra and fleur de lis patterns, and just threw in the black because both fabrics had black. I was glad it wasn't completely hideous. I will probably go with black border, just to be safe
roll.png
I don't even have a rotary cutter
hmm.png
just get blisters from scissors.

I am so inspired!
I think I will start out small, place mats or something. I've got the fever... oh-oh.

Let us see the finished product when you are done, okay?

Quote:
Will do. I started out with a baby sized rag quilt. It covers a lot of your mistakes. Also, I suggest just using cotton to start out, some materials stretch a lot.

Okay, I just fnished the border. It's 6" wide and solid black. Not fancy, but it is a classier look than white or patterned, I like it. I am still not sure about the backing. I don't want it thick, but not too flimsy. Opinions?

22333_snapshot_20100118_2.jpg

edit, as you can tell it doesn't cover the bottom of the bed
sad.png
I am going to have it folded up at the foot of my bed, not laid out, but still, it would of been nice
hmm.png

Last edited:
I personally would go with the fleece because you mentioned that one of the fabrics is a little sheer, and the batting might not look good with that, whereas the fleece will be a lot more even and less likely to make the sheer fabric look weird.

Still haven't decided. I just sold 2 chickens today, so I have some money, plus other money. I am thinking of doing the fleece, but whether it's zebra, blue, white, or some other pattern I am unsure. This quilt may take a while because I have a busy week this week, may not get to store until this weekend
hit.gif

how much material did you use? Cause I used an online calculator the other day that told me 9 yards for a twin quilt- seems you had 1/3 of that.

Back
Top Bottom