How big/small is your town?

Our city population according to the latest census numbers

is.... 520,116

The county population

is just under 1M... 980,263...

I grew up in Los Angeles, so Tucson still seems like a small town to me.

Quote:
Oh okay, well, I've never lived in a rural area so I wouldn't know what post codes are like out there
lol.png

In some places there'll be one for each suburb of a city!
ep.gif

Well, NYC has about 78 zip codes.
lol.png

78?
ep.gif
I heard NYC has a population of 18.4 million. My humble little hamlet dwarfs in comparison
lol.png

Quote:
We've honestly never had a white Christmas since way before I moved here or was born, snow itself is pretty rare.

We get rainy holidays though!

I guess it's just a stereotype when it comes to fir trees
tongue.png
it never snows down here either! I don't think it's ever been below freezing.

Oh, lots of rain. When it starts to rain, it RAINS let me tell you!
lol.png

I figure this little town of ours is just about the same size as heaven.
Perfect place to live and raise a family.

No...we don't have even one store. Five miles to buy a loaf of bread
and you have until 9:00 to be there or you wait until the next day. We
went big time last year, now we have TWO pop machines.

I remember when the grocery store here was still open. You picked up
your mail there, everybody's mail was in a rack behind the counter. You
just got yours, and if you were in the mood, you could pick up the mail for
your neighbors, drop it off on the way home.

How small is it?

I've painted the yellow lines in the road myself. Took me all weekend once.
Touched up the stop signs, repainted the "Welcome to town" sign while I was
at it.

I've picked up litter in the park.

Done a bit of everything but change the street light bulbs. Randy does that, cause
he has the only ladder tall enough.

I don't actually live in town. My place is across the highway. Top of the hill, my house
overlooks the town. State put a four lane highway in years ago. Went right through our
bottom land. But I still mow the right of way. It's my front yard. A little gravel township
road goes right straight through my front yard. Kind of cute, really. They keep it in really
good shape for me.

We've got the fire department I'm always talking about. And we even have a real honest
to goodness town council. Of course, most of our meetings are informal mainly because
we're all informal. We just sort of talk things over. But don't go thinking we're some sort of
hicks, here. We've got us a real elected mayor in Teddy. Mainly Teddy gets to be mayor because
he's the oldest man in town, his wife died years ago and it gives him something to do. He's been
mayor for the last 15-16 years. Does a pretty fair job.

Don't really have a cop. Not much crime here. So mainly, we get a deputy sheriff out here
a couple of hours a week. Mainly at cookout times or sometimes he shows up on a nice eveing
to hang out, set on someones porch. Just not much sheriff'ing going on here.

Interesting place..we've got horses, cows, chickens, even some pigs right in town. I don't reckon
the cattle actually live in town...the house is in town, but the field is out back. When the cows are
down by the creek, they aren't really "in" town anymore. So I don't guess we better count them.

We have a Wal-Mart about 20 miles away. Going to the mall...a couple of hours.

I don't want to live in those places.

Way to big for me.

I lived in the big city once. It weren't no fun.

Living here is FUN!

Spook...Living large in his small town.

89,000 last I knew but our town is shrinking. We have lost so many business its not funny. Jobs hard to come by. We live about 35 miles from the capital which has just been dubbed 3 most dangerous place to live in the US. I really thought our town would have made it in there somewhere. If I could move I would in a heartbeat.

frow.gif
Hi from a place in the Mid-Willamette Valley area of OR. My postal "city" has 1125 people and it's 8 miles away. The nearest "city" has 815 people and it's 1 mile away. There is a nice grocery store there. The nearest WalMart is 35 miles away. Suits us just fine. We love it here.

When it does snow here, we all race to the fire department to see who gets
to drive the plow truck. Sometime they'll even be a few firemen riding in the
bed, waiting on their turn to drive.

We've not had that plow truck to many years. I remember plowing the streets
with my farm tractor.

Quote:
My family and I used to live in Fern Prairie, just north of Camas. Top Burger still has the best soft serve ice cream cones in the State.
love.gif

I love Top Burger.
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom