how can i stop pigeons from pooping on the roof of our house?

youridreezen

Songster
10 Years
Oct 17, 2009
Hi all,
i don't have pigeons get but would really like to get some, my mum also loves them would like some. the only problem is that she does not want the pooping on roof of our house, as we get our water from the roof. but she wants them to be able to fly around when they want to.

so my question is, how can i make sure that they don't poo on the roof so i can get some?

thanks in advance.

regards

youri.

I would say give the birds their own flight pen. Because if you get them, and let them loose whenever they want, you may end up with a neighbors cat visiting them. Or a hawk getting them. You can let them out for supervised flights if you want to. It would also solve the problem of pooping on the roof.
wink.png

Quote:
i don't think that will work, we live in north QLD Australia if that makes any difference.

My Grandad has fake rubber snakes around randomly on his roof.

Not sure if it works, but he seems to swear by it
smile.png

Quote:
thanks for the idea, does it work for long, as i would think they would learn that they are not real.

our bathroom is about 50m from the house and has a nice sized roof, the pigeon house would only be about 10m from this, would they sit on that roof and not go to the house roof?

Quote:
thanks for the idea, does it work for long, as i would think they would learn that they are not real.

our bathroom is about 50m from the house and has a nice sized roof, the pigeon house would only be about 10m from this, would they sit on that roof and not go to the house roof?

I can probably ask him tomorrow.
You could consider moving the snakes around for a few days or every couple of days to confuse the birds.
And to be honest, I have NEVER seen a bird Grandads roof. Worth a try !

Once the local predators discover the pigeons, it will be a matter of time before there will be none. Keep them in a secure loft and aviary.

Back
Top Bottom