How do I catch a duck someone dumped

I have the duck! Now what? LOL I was able to grab it. It's starving. It literally jumped in my lap feeding it some bread.

I have it where I kept my chickens so it's safe but very thin.

I can get some food tomorrow. I have corn, cornmeal and peas cooked into a mash but it's scared now. And a big pan of fresh water.

I'm not good at posting things and navigating this website and where we live I don't think there are any rescues.

Anyone have suggestions I'm listening. It can stay a while. I think it needs more help now then I can give it.

Thank you everyone
Yay! So glad you got him/her!!! I hope you can nurse this duck back to health!

Where in NC are you? did you post on the NC forum I gave you the link? are you close to Carolina Waterfowl rescue?they are outside of Charlotte.
Drake or female?http://www.majesticwaterfowl.org/artquacks.htm
Washington, Beaufort County. Eastern coast so not close to Charlotte. I assume drake since it was dumped. I have no experience with ducks. How do I tell sex?
I'm trying to post something.

I have the duck! Now what? LOL I was able to grab it. It's starving. It literally jumped in my lap feeding it some bread.

I have it where I kept my chickens so it's safe but very thin.

I can get some food tomorrow. I have corn, cornmeal and peas cooked into a mash but it's scared now. And a big pan of fresh water.

I'm not good at posting things and navigating this website and where we live I don't think there are any rescues.

Anyone have suggestions I'm listening. It can stay a while. I think it needs more help now then I can give it.

Thank you everyone

Contact your local Agriculture Extension Office - There's one in the Beaufort County Center that deals with 4H. If they can't help you find a foster, they can at least direct you to someone who can give you advice on how to care for your little refugee.

Back
Top Bottom