How do I clean her vent..pics

More pics..poop is hard to see..coated with shavings..one dirty stinky behind..and notice the drooping wing feathers..she tries to and can at times pull slightly up..just seems to weak. And I did put towels down for her..she wants out..and can hop in and out of shower stall.

DE is not effective against the bugs.

Several things to check, do an internal exam in her vent to see if she has any broken egg shells and or an egg stuck. Where there is some blood, maybe a broken egg. Check her crop to see if its flat, best time of course is before they eat, looking at her poop, i suspect she probably is not eating, check now.

Last edited:
She did lay an egg today..don't know how, she did though..she has been eating some..she gobbled up some BOSS..have not really seen her drinking though, that worries me. I don't want her to die and she might..told the husband I just have to try what I can..he calmly said I know and will bring you baby oil..he also is gonna look into getting a dog pen for when such things happen...This is what I have at house..Corid liquid..Walzine..Duramycin..Vet Rx..I have for water ACV and Oxine for cleaning..Going to give her some love and look in on her..then out to pen to check the other hens...

If you see small blackish dots moving it could be mites as well. They leave a dirty looking mildew color look to the feathers and are about as big as a pepper flake. Lice are flat straw color creatures that are bigger and they don't have that mildew color look. You can see lice as well and are bigger than mites. I can't clearly see the picture but I would check for mites as well. How long since you last wormed her?

While you're at the store, get some Safeguard liquid or paste, it's in the cattle, goat and horse sections of feedstores.

-Kathy

I never wormed her :( my thought was to worm if I ever saw one..guess another hen lesson learned..will go to ace for dust when hubby home,,ace right around corner thank goodness..I feel so helpless and guilty if I have not done something I should have..Thank you sooo much

Back
Top Bottom