How do I keep my chickens out of my neighbors yard?

However, in your case, I would get a run build ASAP, not only for your neighbors protection but also for your chickens protection against dogs or other predators. I would go with a real run, around the coop.
Ditto Dat^^^ Big Time.

Your neighbors will be ticked off when (not if) your birds decimate their plants...not to mention the poops.
'Good fences make good neighbors' is amplified x10 when chickens are involved.

My chickens continue to go in my neighbors yard. My neighbor has not said anything about it, but I’m afraid that my chickens will tear up her plants. They also wander too far from home. Any advice on keeping them out of my neighbors yard?
Give your neighbor a spray bottle of water. If they bother her tell her to spray them and they’ll learn to stay away.

Thankyou all for the help. I think I might build a chicken tractor out of pvc pipe.
The tractor is a good idea, allows you to move it around the yard, they also have the chicken fencing that you can move around, just set it up, put little scratch in to get them in there and close it up, they do have it electrified so if a predator such as the neighbors cat wanted a chicken dinner, it would make them change their minds, your birds will only get zapped once before they figure it out. It doesn't kill them, just gives them a wake up call.

Give your neighbor a spray bottle of water. If they bother her tell her to spray them and they’ll learn to stay away.
If my neighbors chickens were bothering my property,
and they gave me a spray bottle,
I'd turn the garden hose on them :gig

That's my @aart ! Take no prisoners!
:gig I do try to make sure all perspectives are represented,
and that's usually the least popular ones.
But actually, that was meant to be a joke (mostly)<snickers>

Oh, and...
If my neighbors chickens were bothering my property,
....'bothering' really meant tearing up my gardens and pooping all over my patio and pool deck.

Thankyou all for the help. I think I might build a chicken tractor out of pvc pi
Hiya CCN, :welcome. The tractor idea is probably your least expensive and labor intensive alternative (at least in the short run). My 1st coop was a tractor and I used it for a little over a year before deciding that all the bending over to take care of "chicken chores" wasn't for me. So I built a walk-in coop instead. How many chickens are you needing to house? If you currently have a coop that you're happy with perhaps you can build a tractor just to allow them to free range within the boundaries that you set. That sounds like quite a bit of chook resituating me, but it may be your best option. Hope you find a suitable solution to your dilemma, best of luck:thumbsup

A run, tractor, or temporary fence would be your options. Some of my chickens can get over a 6ft privacy fence. While our run has 6ft fencing I had to put bird netting over the top just to keep them inside - it of course doubles to protect them from aerial predators as well. On the note of predators... I really would suggest an enclosure of some sort just to protect your hens from predators, including neighbor's pets.

I have the same problem. I have a coop and secure run, but like to let the girls out to range. Despite having a good amount of land and woods, they like the neighbors' yard best and I know the neighbors are not big fans of the chickens (no complaints, but I'm trying not to get to that point). So I created an extended, temporary run (stakes and garden fencing). See similar descriptions in the below thread (sorry, if I clipped it incorrectly). It was cheap and the chickens don't try to get to the top of the wire fencing (after the first attempt -- too wobbly).

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...d-a-picket-fence.1315827/page-3#post-21451179

Back
Top Bottom