How do I keep my chickens out of my neighbors yard?

CCN31706

Hatching
Jun 25, 2019
My chickens continue to go in my neighbors yard. My neighbor has not said anything about it, but I’m afraid that my chickens will tear up her plants. They also wander too far from home. Any advice on keeping them out of my neighbors yard?

Give your neighbor a spray bottle of water. If they bother her tell her to spray them and they’ll learn to stay away.
If my neighbors chickens were bothering my property,
and they gave me a spray bottle,
I'd turn the garden hose on them :gig

truthfully, you would be wise to address this, chickens can and will make a mess of flower beds or freshly planted vegetables. Even if you do not plan on using it, it is a good idea to have a set up where you can confine your chickens.

However, in your case, I would get a run build ASAP, not only for your neighbors protection but also for your chickens protection against dogs or other predators. I would go with a real run, around the coop.

Mrs K

However, in your case, I would get a run build ASAP, not only for your neighbors protection but also for your chickens protection against dogs or other predators. I would go with a real run, around the coop.
Ditto Dat^^^ Big Time.

Your neighbors will be ticked off when (not if) your birds decimate their plants...not to mention the poops.
'Good fences make good neighbors' is amplified x10 when chickens are involved.

and they gave me a spray bottle,
I'd turn the garden hose on them :gig
Good lord, yes! I mean...the mental picture of a person running around after fleeing chickens with a SPRAY BOTTLE...is hysterical! If someone's chickens were trashing my flowers and the owner came over with a spray bottle and THAT suggestion, I'd think they'd lost a brain cell or two.
But I'd pay good money to watch Aart hose them down! :yesss::lau:gig

A bit more information, please. Is your yard fenced? Or is it one of those open neighborhoods where no one has fences defining their yards?

Keeping chickens confined without fences is nearly as impossible as trying to keep a cat confined to your property. But there are measures you can take if we know what we have to work with.

That's my @aart ! Take no prisoners!
:gig I do try to make sure all perspectives are represented,
and that's usually the least popular ones.
But actually, that was meant to be a joke (mostly)<snickers>

Oh, and...
....'bothering' really meant tearing up my gardens and pooping all over my patio and pool deck.

Back
Top Bottom