How do I keep the run dry

Ah, I see.

This looks like just two nesting places, I do not see any roosts for the chickens to sleep on comfortably.

Are there other parts of coop or is this all there is?
Actually I now have 1 nesting box because ppl told me I should remove one and I’m adding roosting place a bit higher from ground at that place

Actually I now have 1 nesting box because ppl told me I should remove one and I’m adding roosting place a bit higher from ground at that place
I am afraid that this construction is too low (ceiling) to install a roost as chickens need to have at least some 50 cm/ 20 inches of free space above their heads when sitting on the roost.

I am afraid that this construction is too low (ceiling) to install a roost as chickens need to have at least some 50 cm/ 20 inches of free space above their heads when sitting on the roost.
Oh I will add a roost anyways so they won’t sit in the poop .. they can roost in the morning there’s a lot

@Marshmallow1234, I get the sense you've done some research and want to provide a safe, secure coop for your chickens. I don't think your current setup accomplishes this. Any dampness in the coop is unhealthy for chickens, even if they're only roosting at night. The downspout must be removed and there needs to be ventilation so it stays dry. Is there any chance you can get a more appropriate coop? Its also very small, even if it's just for roosting.

I have this small run but it keeps getting wet. Is that ok? How to keep it dry? I can’t change or move the coop
Well dah!.. unless I am mistaken. That is a down spout in your coup.. for those of common sense. Till the earth around your coup to absorb rain water after your chickens have stomped it down to hard pan.. Change the grade away from your coup so water runs away, even mound the interior if you must. Put some good cover over your coup.. I used old flat roof rubber roofing and it solved any leak problem.. Love em or hate em'.. It is your responsibility to care for them DAILY!

@Marshmallow1234, I get the sense you've done some research and want to provide a safe, secure coop for your chickens. I don't think your current setup accomplishes this. Any dampness in the coop is unhealthy for chickens, even if they're only roosting at night. The downspout must be removed and there needs to be ventilation so it stays dry. Is there any chance you can get a more appropriate coop? Its also very small, even if it's just for roosting.
I have a coop and the roosting place is not in there is outside

The more questions you ask, the more of a hard time you're getting... I think providing the best possible care for your chickens is what you're trying to do. In this case, in order to keep this open part of your 'coop' dry, the only option here is to remove the drain spout to a different area. This area would be considered a run in any other situation, but considering the size of your actual 'coop' (the closed in area where your chickens sleep and nest), I'm considering this open area part of the coop. You should do whatever you have to to keep this dry as well.

Back
Top Bottom