How do I make my photos appear in body of posts?

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by thecreekhouse, Nov 29, 2018.

1. thecreekhouse

thecreekhouse Songster

Feb 26, 2015
    East Tennessee
    Hi. I have a question that I hope someone can answer for me. When I post to BYC and include any photos, the pictures show up in a list format at the end of the text of the post. But I notice that some BYCers are able to actually insert their photos into the text of their posts. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this? Thanks!

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs I Live in The Cuckoo's Nest

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    You upload a photo and than choose full image or thumbnail. You can write before and after the photo simply by tapping or clicking before or after the photo. Hopefully I'm making sense.

DobieLover likes this.
  3. thecreekhouse

thecreekhouse Songster

Feb 26, 2015
    East Tennessee
    Thank you! So should I be choosing full image?

4. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs I Live in The Cuckoo's Nest

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    If you want a full picture than yes choose full image. Feel free to give it a try here. :)

Texas Kiki and DobieLover like this.
  5. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Set 40 eggs Jan. 2!

casportpony and oldhenlikesdogs like this.
  6. rosemarythyme

rosemarythyme Crowing

Jul 3, 2016
    Pac NW
    My Coop
    You can insert thumbnails as well as full image. I personally try NOT to use full image too much, some people's photos are obnoxiously large and it slows down the load time on the pages as well.

So when you're writing a post or response, there's an icon on top of the text editing window on the second row, 2nd one over from left, next to the smiley face. When you're at the part of your text where you want the image to appear, click that icon then select or upload an image. For example, I would click that icon right here: cus1.jpg and then I chose Thumbnail below,
    and voila. To see the full image you can just click that image and it will pop up in a larger size.

In contrast using the "Upload a file" button below will attach it as an image after the text.

Texas Kiki likes this.
  7. 9SpiceyChickens

9SpiceyChickens Crowing

Jul 24, 2018
    In the coop, Northern CA
    Boy I have a whole fancy demonstration!

First click upload file- Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 7.09.49 AM.jpg
    Then click the file you want- Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 7.12.39 AM.jpg
    Then click open- Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 7.18.03 AM.png Then you choose THumbnail or Full Image! I normally use Thumbnail, but on this I use Full Image! Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 7.18.14 AM.jpg

casportpony and Texas Kiki like this.
  8. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

I like this video too:

Nifty-Chicken and Texas Kiki like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: