how do members become moderators?

Quote:
It's pretty fun... until you have to lay down the rules, enforce them, and figure out what to do in each situation, and be the brunt of the blame if something doesn't go right. As with any line of "work," even though we are all on volunteer basis, there are some tough spots to work though as a mod.
wink.png

To each their own. Moderating a site is not all glory. You do what you have to do for the better of the site and it gets folks upset at you for doing your job. Sometimes its a darned if you don't darned if you do scenario. You have to have a super thick skin sometimes. A site growing as fast as this one can be a real pain for a mod sometimes. It is great for some but definitely not for everyone.

I agree with 1acrefarm. Though I really enjoy being part of the byc community, I wouldn't want to be a mod and always have to be the "bad guy" when situations arise. I just want to come and relax and enjoy being with all my byc buddies!
big_smile.png

Quote:
You are SOOOO right!

I'm blown away by the mods we have right now. They get sworn at and people tell them they are clueless. Well, these are some of the best people I've ever worked with.

WARNING: The current moderators are amazing and the bar for being a moderator is rising every day!!!

I fit most.
Would be more then Happy to help. I'm everything on that list. But if you want (or have to) you can put others infront of me. And I go on almost everyday for more then 1 hr.
Hope All is well
Chicken LOver

You are SOOOO right!

I'm blown away by the mods we have right now. They get sworn at and people tell them they are clueless. Well, these are some of the best people I've ever worked with.

Oh my goodness Nifty-Chicken! Just to think of who would have the nerve to do that... I love all the mods and everyone!​

Back
Top Bottom