How Do You Go on Vacation?

I made feeders out of 3” sewer pipe cut in 3rds. I screwed those to the wall and raised them up 1” in a flower box. I made a lid with a board and hinges. I put 4 tubes that hold about 50 total lbs of layer pellets. I also got a BIG hanging waterer. For inside the coop house. And got a nipple type waterer 3 gal. For the yard portion of the coop. I put gallon jugs of water out for my friend. And a basket for gathering. We were gone 10 days and they did not have to fill any of the feeders or waterers.

This has been such an awesome year for me, and I feel so guilty for being happy during all the global suffering. I wake up like every day is christmas morning. Another day at home!

Rising tide does not raise all ships. Some of us are on blocks in the backyard, happily landlocked.

Count me in as happily landlocked! My last 10 months have been the best in a looooong time.

I made feeders out of 3” sewer pipe cut in 3rds. I screwed those to the wall and raised them up 1” in a flower box. I made a lid with a board and hinges. I put 4 tubes that hold about 50 total lbs of layer pellets. I also got a BIG hanging waterer. For inside the coop house. And got a nipple type waterer 3 gal. For the yard portion of the coop. I put gallon jugs of water out for my friend. And a basket for gathering. We were gone 10 days and they did not have to fill any of the feeders or waterers.
Thank you! Could you show pictures tomorrow when it's light?

Hahahah vacation what's that? :lau

Since we've gotten chickens my husband and I have traveled together once, for 4 days, and my neighbor checked in on the birds, picked up eggs, and opened/closed the coop for us.
Otherwise if I'm visiting family/friends I've been going by myself. And he's been going by himself. We haven't taken an actual vacation-vacation in... uh, probably 15 years? :hmm

hey! fellow-hermit! Nice to meet you. I knew there had to be others enjoying the ultimate excuse for my (unnatural) instinct to never leave the house or visit anyone. Go-lockdown!

This has been such an awesome year for me, and I feel so guilty for being happy during all the global suffering. I wake up like every day is christmas morning. Another day at home!

Rising tide does not raise all ships. Some of us are on blocks in the backyard, happily landlocked.
Oh my gosh....I totally feel the same way! I got my first flock as a result of COVID last April....they provide more entertainment and joy than I could ever ask for! I recently moved out of the suburbs into a rural area...not missing it or the people!!!

UNITE FELLOW HERMITS!!

I am a person that loves to be at home and I don’t travel. I have been the person to take care of animals while others go away for a weekend or a week.
Get to know your neighbors or even a neighbor that has poultry already. They may be willing to stop by to make sure there is food and water daily for the flock. Some people will even enjoy harvesting the eggs as their “payment”
Another option would be a family member that lives nearby.

C5F1287F-A84E-4A73-B2CC-12B0E573DDD1.jpeg

Attachments

• B24B5ABD-D3F8-471C-B065-AB1C29718008.jpeg
    B24B5ABD-D3F8-471C-B065-AB1C29718008.jpeg
    560 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom