How do you manage?

Ninjasquirrel

Free Ranging
5 Years
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
DST has screwed up my whole system. I used to get home and have plenty of time to feed and water the girls and do household chores before it got dark. Now I barely have time just to feed and water. By the time im done its dark and they are all in the coop. I know the best solution would be an automatic feed and water system but its too late now because we dont have time in the evenings to build one:barnie. How is everyone else holding up with this? I cant be alone in my frustration:oops:

DST has screwed up my whole system. I used to get home and have plenty of time to feed and water the girls and do household chores before it got dark. Now I barely have time just to feed and water. By the time im done its dark and they are all in the coop. I know the best solution would be an automatic feed and water system but its too late now because we dont have time in the evenings to build one:barnie. How is everyone else holding up with this? I cant be alone in my frustration:oops:
I violate the speed limit on the way home!! :D
Just kidding (kind of).
I have someone who's home to feed them at my beck and call. Not a bad dealio.

I get so disoriented from changng the time cycles. But this year we went to Asia (14 hr. time difference) and just came back the week before the end of DST. Since I'm already so screwed up I hardly noticed the regular annual switch over.

But, seriously, is there a reason not to use things like gravity feed waterers and feeders? I just check on my chickens' supply and top them off a couple times a week.

I get so disoriented from changng the time cycles. But this year we went to Asia (14 hr. time difference) and just came back the week before the end of DST. Since I'm already so screwed up I hardly noticed the regular annual switch over.

But, seriously, is there a reason not to use things like gravity feed waterers and feeders? I just check on my chickens' supply and top them off a couple times a week.
We were going to set up a system for this but...life happens. Definately next summer

I use 5 gallon water buckets from home depot buy horizontal nipples from Amazon
made our own feeder fill once a month.. The one of the feeder is in pieces if you need the finish 008.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg ask I will go take one

It’s not often mentioned when people get chickens that responsible care is likely to inconvenience you either in time, or in money.
Oh but the chicken puts itself to bed I’ve heard people say. They put themselves up a tree here if I’m not there at dusk.;)
They need to go to roost with a full crop to remain healthy. In a run you might be able to leave enough food down, but free range lots of other creatures eat chicken food, even the sheep here.:mad:
There is a descriptive term for people who don’t take holidays, rarely have free days, rush off in the middle of a social meeting at strange hours and are often covered in poop; they’re called farmers.:p

Back
Top Bottom