How do you sell your eggs?

I first started giving away ½ dozen to perspective clients mostly friends. Still getting the ball rolling sort of speak but at this time. It is something like this, people could pick up either at my farm or at my parents (in town closer to where most of my customers are. At first it was mostly friends but now it is some of their friends and so on. If it is convenient I will deliver (mostly I will take them to work with me or something). We buy cartons so as to keep consistency in appearance. People are very appreciative most of the time they want more than we could fill just yet, but the chicken population is increasing all the time.

I sell them on my roadside stand and I have a sandwich board on the road to advertise my stand. I also sell to friends and people at work.
I use only clean recycled egg cartons. Allot of people leave empty cartons on my stand and people save cartons for me.

I give them a dozen free. Then they're hooked.
big_smile.png

In the beginning I gave away free samples to get the ball rolling. Haven't had to do that for a while, but I've got a lot of new birds coming online come the middle of summer to the fall so I may have to again. Those went to coworkers. Found a small store that carries a lot of "natural" and organic products that wanted a source of local grass-raised eggs and they account for about half of our sales.

I actually give mine away for free to people from work and family. But I do it under one condition... I get my egg cartons back! If I don't get my cartons back then I start charging!

When my brother started selling eggs, he would sell a dozen or so to family members for $1.99. By then out neighbors would know and ask for a dozen as well at the same price. Now, he brings in five dozens of eggs to school to sell to the teachers. There's a waiting list in the front office for those interested in buying our eggs, and in the end they are all very satisfied.
love.gif

Most of the time we get egg cartons for free from those that buy our eggs. They'll bring in bulks full for us from buying previous eggs at a store and stock them up to give them to us later on.

I give anyone that is interested the first dozen. They need to taste them! Telling them that this one is on me. After that it will be xxxx. I write my first name and my phone number on cartons.

WOrd of mouth once you get it going is great. I right now have more egg customers than I can supply. I do have 22 chicks coming up that will help out.

We give our extras to friends and senior citizens who really appreciate home grown eggs. Tonite I dropped off a dozen and the 89 yr old gramma wanted to pay me. I told her she owed me an enjoyment of the eggs! She just glowed... and so did I.
Some things you just can't buy!

Back
Top Bottom