How do you stop the baby chicks from pecking on the new chics

Chickiebabyfluff

Yappette in Training
8 Years
Apr 13, 2011
NorthEastern Ohio
I had 5 babies hatch on saturday the sixth on sun when i put the 6th one into the brooder with the others they started attacking it and one just keeps following it around and pecking at its head and eyes wht do ya do it got so bad i took the new one out and put him back in the bator

That's odd. Usually a day difference is not a problem with chicks. Perhaps you can take out the agressive chick and put it in the incubator (with food and water of course) for a few days, and then re-introduce the little meany as the newby.....

Not sure if it'll work, but it's worth a try.....

Oh, I thought of something else.....Boil a few eggs, then chop up the yolks and feed it to your chicks at the same time you put the newbie back in. That might distract them.....And then they won't notice the new chick so much.......

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Hello!! Fellow Ohioian!!! I am gonna try your advise i have 3 more to put in there today!! Ty for sharing your advise!!! I'll let ya know how things go

Give them something else to peck at. I had one chick that pulled on everyone elses' toes constantly...when I put the disposable bread pan in and scattered food around for him to peck..it all stopped.

Back
Top Bottom