How do you store your eggs?

I keep mine in this thing (can’t recall what it’s called) the older eggs are kept in the back and used first. View attachment 1477217

I have something similar, but smaller, in the refrigerator. Though I do older in front and stock towards the back. Once I fill to the back I start over at front again. I just leave a gap to remind myself where the older eggs are.

Mine go into egg cartons in the fridge. I only wash ones that have poop on them. I don't get more than 6 a day, and we go through them before they ever have a chance to go bad. If I ever get more than a dozen accumulated I scramble or boil them. Occasionally, I'll give a dozen to the neighbors, but they never sit around for more than 2 weeks.

My mom uses one of those spiral thingies at her house, and I would too, but my kids have trouble resisting playing with the eggs, are still learning about cause and effect, so in the fridge they go. Lol!

Mine go into egg cartons sand , feathers and all ! People get a kick about getting a feather . I wouldn’t date them , they have such a long shelf life especially in the fridge it’s just extra work for you,

I sell almost every egg we have 16-18 dozen a month and over never been asked when they were laid . I did print out a small sign telling people how long they’re good for .

Mine go into egg cartons sand , feathers and all ! People get a kick about getting a feather . I wouldn’t date them , they have such a long shelf life especially in the fridge it’s just extra work for you,

I sell almost every egg we have 16-18 dozen a month and over never been asked when they were laid . I did print out a small sign telling people how long they’re good for .

Thats a great idea love.

I put mine unwashed in cartons in the fridge in the garage. Bottom left is first & goes 3 high, then middle row then right one. I date with pencil on the first egg of the day & fill the carton from back left to front & back to front all the way along. I can tell when the next day starts when I come to the next date! I used to date every egg, but didn't want them all written on, so I quit. I have 13 hens & have 2-3 days in one carton.

I put mine unwashed in cartons in the fridge in the garage. Bottom left is first & goes 3 high, then middle row then right one. I date with pencil on the first egg of the day & fill the carton from back left to front & back to front all the way along. I can tell when the next day starts when I come to the next date! I used to date every egg, but didn't want them all written on, so I quit. I have 13 hens & have 2-3 days in one carton.

We have 8 chicks at the moment but my partner was saying he wants more later as we have about 10 families that want to buy from us. When they start laying.

Back
Top Bottom