How is your flock today?

Pics
Hello everyone, how are you and your flock doing this fine day?
I must apologize for my tardiness this week. :oops: Late Sunday night a friend called me up and he was in a bind because his welder guy had just hurt himself and he needed a welder for a complicated project he was starting Monday morning. So I done what all good friends should do for their friends, I put my stuff on hold to help him out. :)

Our project was outside in the ritzy part of down town Raleigh, we were fabricating on site and then installing a custom Sun Shade Sail. Only problem was, we could only work till dark and then the neighbors started to complain about the loud equipment running. LOL

My time was also very limited each morning caring for all our animals before I left for work, so that part I didn't like. Thank goodness everyone fared well in between all the little on and off rain showers we had this past week. I am so tired of all the mud! :th

Chewy is maturing quite well, what a little Pecker Head he is turning into! So one morning right before I am ready to leave, Chewy decides he is going to jump the fence and go on a walk about. Since Little Miss Priss don't like to be handled, I knew this was going to be real fun getting him back into the pen, because of all the Hot Wire I have running around the outside of everything.

It took Chewy getting zapped about four times before he decided to find the low spot in the fence I made for him to jump back over into the pen. The next morning as they were all out free ranging and before I put them in. Chewy just stood at the edge of the inside fence and looked out. Hopefully he learned that the green grass on the other side of the fence isn't worth all the trouble! :gig

Last edited:
@416bigbore You need to start training the goat's to do this, so they can make themselves useful. :gig

You are too funny! I am reading and scrolling down through all the posts trying to catch up, and just about blow a mouth full of coffee all over my PC when I seen this post from you. :gig I think our little Mini Goats are a bit under powered to pull this off, they are more of an automatic self propelled lawn mower, with an automated fertilizing system on the back. :lau

You are too funny! I am reading and scrolling down through all the posts trying to catch up, and just about blow a mouth full of coffee all over my PC when I seen this post from you. :gig I think our little Mini Goats are a bit under powered to pull this off, they are more of an automatic self propelled lawn mower, with an automated fertilizing system on the back. :lau

I bet I at least got you to smile!

My two Pekin ducklings are growing like weeds, and they're now happy to cuddle up to me to sleep if I lay down on the ground with them! My chicks are shaping up to be really friendly, Chloe has apparently taught them that snuggling my hand lets them get a free ride around the house, and all of the chicks now view my arms as prime roosting spots.
IMG_20210327_125830.jpg

Chloe-Sue herself, she loves riding around in my hand and giving me pecks on my cheek

IMG_20210327_124352.jpg

The ducklings, they're the sweetest

I had a 10 egg day out of my chicken hen's yesterday. I still have some Aloha pullet's that hatched towards the end of Nov. that didn't start laying yet.
I'm excited for when my pullets reach laying age, it'll be nice to have eggs that I got by treating my animals well, and I'm of the opinion that a spoiled chicken lays the best eggs (at least from what I've tasted!)
I'm actually not sure if either of my pekins are hens or drakes, not that it'd change much of anything for me.

I'm excited for when my pullets reach laying age, it'll be nice to have eggs that I got by treating my animals well, and I'm of the opinion that a spoiled chicken lays the best eggs (at least from what I've tasted!)
I'm actually not sure if either of my pekins are hens or drakes, not that it'd change much of anything for me.
Being able to supply your own fresh eggs is a wonderful thing and by having a healthy flock is a happy flock for sure. :)

Thinking back, If I would have known at the time our eight Rouen / Pekin mix duck hens were going to be such great egg layers, I really think we would have passes on the four Isa Brown hens. It can be a bit much at times having a mixed flock.

Currently I have had to separate our two remaining Drakes from the flock because Chewy our young Cockerel started to be aggressive towards them. I am guessing Chewy is thinking that the eight duck hens are his girls also, so he chases the Drakes off.

I just about have everything in place to finally be able to separate our flock to be able to keep peace. :)

Back
Top Bottom