How is your flock today?

Pics
It will be better once the sun goes down. I have container's in the freezer for making ice for the flock. I washed out the cottage cheese container's and reuse them for it.
Phoenix never cooled off at night because of all the heat that the concrete would retain during the day. It was a few months of miserable there!

If I ever win the lottery, I'll build the flock a nice air conditioned palace. :gig
If you win the lotto I hope you move them and you somewhere cooler!

I lived in Palm Desert/Mojave desert when I was little. I remember the dry heat and 128 in the shade. I can barely do the heat here in Hawaii and same with my flock. I am on the dry side of the island and peak summer we are almost to our mid 90's with high humidity. No A/C, just dripping wet heat. We used to have trade winds once upon a time ago, now we have fans. It gets miserable for sure. This year (I swear!) I am going to build a mobile coop out of our old horse trailer and take my flock up Koke'e where it is much cooler and where we caretake a cabin that never gets used but 1x per year by owner. We may never come down lol.
Both of our vehicles here are 1996's.
I'm a 02 and love my little truck, it is everything I need and I had it repainted a pretty color last year... wait, maybe two... it is all such a blur... :thThink I am 26 mpg. Not bad but again, I don't drive much. Think I put 5,000 miles on it the last 4 years. Though I love rural living, I do miss the convenience of living in a village. Would love to order a pizza or burger once in awhile.

If you win the lotto I hope you move them and you somewhere cooler!

I lived in Palm Desert/Mojave desert when I was little. I remember the dry heat and 128 in the shade. I can barely do the heat here in Hawaii and same with my flock. I am on the dry side of the island and peak summer we are almost to our mid 90's with high humidity. No A/C, just dripping wet heat. We used to have trade winds once upon a time ago, now we have fans. It gets miserable for sure. This year (I swear!) I am going to build a mobile coop out of our old horse trailer and take my flock up Koke'e where it is much cooler and where we caretake a cabin that never gets used but 1x per year by owner. We may never come down lol.

I'm a 02 and love my little truck, it is everything I need and I had it repainted a pretty color last year... wait, maybe two... it is all such a blur... :thThink I am 26 mpg. Not bad but again, I don't drive much. Think I put 5,000 miles on it the last 4 years. Though I love rural living, I do miss the convenience of living in a village. Would love to order a pizza or burger once in awhile.
I like the hot dry heat to a certain point, 128 not so much. When I was in Phoenix a few years back, I worked at a welding shop building big heavy drain grates. We worked outside under a big metal canopy welding on those grates in 121 heat with only a swamp cooler blowing hot air on us.

We would start work at 4:00 am every morning so we could get our ten hours in before it got too hot out for the day. There were a few days we had to work longer hours and that heat was insane! The sweat didn't drip off your face from under your welding hood, it ran off! :barnie Right now in NC we are getting ready for the summer hurricanes and 96 F with 99% humidity! :gig

I think trucks are such useful vehicles. I mean they really are terrific for those who need. What drives me more than a little crazy is people who don't NEED a big vehicle but buy one. Like the cute 20 yo girl with the big clean truck... ? I have had a truck for the last 30 years, usually small, always used, mostly parked. I resent the gas pump on many levels. My best is to never go which means finding other ways to get around. I think I need to train my horse to pull a cart... if I could source a cart on island it would be awesome.
Some places sell kits. http://www.buggybobs.com/index.htm
I liked these, just because they are so cute. I am putting a "Chick Wagon" together for my Air BnB -- one of these days! LOL

Back
Top Bottom