How is your flock today?

I really commend you with a bachelor coop and culling. I don't have the heart yet but hope to get there... just not yet. I'd love to see photos of your set up. My roo coop is barely working but I have been unable to get the hitch out of what should be functioning.
Maybe @416bigbore can post a picture of the one that he has for his to help give you an idea on your's?
Thank you. :) The bachelor coop is nothing special trust me. If I were to take pictures right now of our little operation I would be absolutely embarrassed because of how everything is in disarray. I have been busy with re-orchestrating all our coops because of limited room to help make things a little more user friendly for everyone.

My main plane is to put the cockerel and Rooster pad out in the trees with our Billy Goats in their own much larger free range area. That way they will be away from any hens and will be able to come behind the goats and clean up their feed mess they like to make.

Then of course cull them when it's time for freezer camp. I can understand how culling animals (pets) from a persons flock and herd is not easy for some, but I look at it this way. I grew up eating some of the best home raised meat over anything a person could find in a store. So I would rather put them in our freezer over given them away for free for someone else to do the same.

I promise to post pictures when I have things more organized. LOL :)

I just put the NN/Bielefelder egg's in there on the 27th, so I haven't candled the 1st time yet. According to the UPSP tracking number, the Welsh Harlequin hatching egg's should arrive and be in my hand's today.
How many duck eggs did you purchase and why Welsh Harlequin breed, just curious why you chose them is all?

Ok. This is super cool! Patience pays off! What was the final $$ if you don't mind me asking?
I love the 360. Please share your thoughts on it ♡
So j have used the word patience 3 x's (this makes 4) universal nudge? Lol.
Hey, so retract the price inquiry. Been trying to catch up and missed the obvious. Nice deal! Beautiful incubator ♡ is this your x-mas present to yourself? ♡♡♡
I am not sure if my Patience had much to do with it other than my not having the time to use it right away. LOL

I done a lot of research first trying to find the right size and quality incubator for what we have going and the 360 has always had great reviews from what I have seen and for a reasonable price.

Since I was in no hurry to purchase the 360, I just thought I would hold out to see if Black Friday would drop the price any or not? Santa said the total price with tax was something like $128.40 with free shipping from Amazon.

Since I am not easy to buy for Santa said I will have to wait for X-mass! LOL Just know when it shows up at the door, I will be opening it right up to check it out first! :gig

How many duck eggs did you purchase and why Welsh Harlequin breed, just curious why you chose them is all?
There should be a dozen of them, and they are being shipped to me from Southern Arizona. The person was looking for feedback on how the packed egg's would arrive. I told him that I would give honest feedback. I'm only paying for the shipping, the foam being used, and an older duck raising book that they had.

Back
Top Bottom