How is your flock today?

As bad as this may sound and once again because of my big hands trying to candle those small eggs. I would rather wait until lock down to candle. If the egg is dark and can't candle through it......... IMO, good chance it will hatch. :love
I only candle once b4 lockdown, maybe twice after 10-15 days or so. Just depends on how things look. Some of my girls are pretty old and may have defects in their shells so I like to get them pulled out so it does not contaminate the others.

I only candle once b4 lockdown, maybe twice after 10-15 days or so. Just depends on how things look. Some of my girls are pretty old and may have defects in their shells so I like to get them pulled out so it does not contaminate the others.
I look at an incubator as a microwave........ Put your stuff in there, set the timer, walk away until the bell goes off! Your stuff is done, Wallha ! LOL

I look at an incubator as a microwave........ Put your stuff in there, set the timer, walk away until the bell goes off! Your stuff is done, Wallha ! LOL
Yeah, our local chicken guru is the same. I pay for trays in his incubator when I am feeling in a mega hatch mood. I load and then pull chicks out in 21 days. The end, he never looks, just let's nature run its course. Great hatch rates too! I actually enjoy it better then me "doing the work" because it is so beyond my control (and failure). My incubator only holds 20 and 20 is too cramped IMO. But I am glad to have the bator as my chicken keeping keeps evolving and I may start becoming more specific as opposed to hatching for my community during these more than odd times.

Back
Top Bottom