How jumbo is a "jumbo" coturnix?

Quote:
Dirk you do realize Cambodian white meat quail are a "boneless" variety... must be a hybrid Bird... Mille did extensive research on this breed and could never get them above 18 oz.

On a serious note,
The birds I got from Buttercup are large, Several hens weighed 12 oz at 8 weeks. Weird thing is 2 roos were close to 14 oz at the same age. Iv never had bigger quail at 8 weeks. But my experience is limited and make no claim to know all the "tricks" of raising large birds. Bottom line I am very happy with 12 oz birds at 8 weeks and Hope to get them bigger. Second generation in the bator now as a matter of fact. More of a fertility test than full on production hatch. Bill

WHY DO YOU THINK THE CAMBODIANS ARE BONELESS? THEY WERENT BORN THAT WAY THE BURROWING QUAIL STOLE THEM TO LINE THEIR PIT TRAPS WITH... HOW ELSE ARE THEY GONNA CATCH THOSE BENGALI PHEASANTS THEY LOVE TO EAT SO MUCH... CRAFTY LIL GUYS THEM DIGGERS...
lau.gif

Last edited:
I am on the hunt for moby quail and live near Missouri for you believe it when you see it'ers. Got three jumbo type/sources in the bator and 100 lbs of 30% feed in the ready.
fl.gif

Waiting to see.. Got a few more sources and jumbo types on my radar as well.

Anyone got a scale source? ... or should I get it on eBay?
gig.gif

i LOVE the ...how big does a Jumbo quail get ?....topic for all the silly remarks posted b/c of it. You all make me ROFL
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
with your comments ....i'm beginning to believe that quail people are simply NUTS.....LOL

I am finding it rather annoying. As Jumbos get their name because they are larger. For those of us who work hard on these birds, it is an insult. If one person asks a simple question, the answer should be there rather than the jokes. If you want a joke, make a thread specifically for it so those of us who want to actually help don't need to chime in.

Back
Top Bottom