How long are eggs good?

Robert34KS

Hatching
Aug 16, 2023
Hello everyone. Totally new to this whole chicken thing. I kinda dove feet first in and after reading a lot here (and learning a lot here) built a coop and run and ordered 22 chickens. Long story short they are finally producing eggs. I’m getting a little over a dozen a day! This is amazing!!!! My question is… if I don’t refrigerate these eggs how long are they good for?

Hello everyone. Totally new to this whole chicken thing. I kinda dove feet first in and after reading a lot here (and learning a lot here) built a coop and run and ordered 22 chickens. Long story short they are finally producing eggs. I’m getting a little over a dozen a day! This is amazing!!!! My question is… if I don’t refrigerate these eggs how long are they good for?
Welcome to BYC!
If you dont wash them, they should be good for about 2-2 1/2 weeks.

2 ish weeks if they're unwashed on the counter at room temperature, months if fridged.

Might depend on condition of storage, but I have eaten plenty of eggs twice or more older than 2.5 weeks(unwashed at room temps).

Back
Top Bottom