How long for niacin?

Brahmb

Songster
Oct 13, 2018
Adirondacks, NY
How long should I be adding niacin to my ducks’ feed? I’ve used just about 1 pound of brewer’s yeast for 3 ducks the first 8 weeks of their lives. Do I give it to them the rest of their lives? Until they are on layer crumble? They are currently almost 9 weeks old and on poultry starter crumble with the brewer’s yeast scooped into it and sprinkled onto it.

How long should I be adding niacin to my ducks’ feed? I’ve used just about 1 pound of brewer’s yeast for 3 ducks the first 8 weeks of their lives. Do I give it to them the rest of their lives? Until they are on layer crumble? They are currently almost 9 weeks old and on poultry starter crumble with the brewer’s yeast scooped into it and sprinkled onto it.
Purina flock raiser has enough niacin for ducks no need to supplement. You could provide oyster shell on the side when they are close to laying instead of switching to "layer". I never switch to layer.

As far as see, the Purina Flock Raiser Crumble - which is what I am using, has no niacin.

B5E157CB-7419-44A4-99FB-B9D411567187.png

That’s why I’m using brewer’s yeast to supplement.

Back
Top Bottom