how long the egg stay alive

amirfarmer

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 9, 2013
my hen left her eggs for 10 hours on day 15 she went back now does the eggs will hatch!!!!they were at room temprature

Unless it was extremely cold in the coop they should be fine. I had a clutch of eggs in the incubator survive a series of power failures (one of them about 14 hours long) recently. The chicks hatched out fine and on time :) They are tough little creatures, chicks.

I agree with Sumi. I’s not the ideal situation but that kind of stuff happens all the time. Sometimes it’s a disaster but usually it’s not a real problem. Each case is unique.

The important thing is not air temperature but is the core temperature of the eggs. It takes a long time for the center of the eggs to cool down. Plus at that age the chicks are starting to generate some heat of their own. In the big commercial incubators with thousands of eggs, the problem later in incubation is not adding heat but cooling them down from all that self-generated heat so they don’t cook themselves.

I had a broody go to the wrong nest until her eggs were ice cold to the touch. I put her back on the right nest and she hatched 11 out of 11. No one can give you any guarantees, but I certainly would not give up hope.

I agree with Sumi. I’s not the ideal situation but that kind of stuff happens all the time. Sometimes it’s a disaster but usually it’s not a real problem. Each case is unique.....it was her 15th day

The important thing is not air temperature but is the core temperature of the eggs. It takes a long time for the center of the eggs to cool down. Plus at that age the chicks are starting to generate some heat of their own. In the big commercial incubators with thousands of eggs, the problem later in incubation is not adding heat but cooling them down from all that self-generated heat so they don’t cook themselves.

I had a broody go to the wrong nest until her eggs were ice cold to the touch. I put her back on the right nest and she hatched 11 out of 11. No one can give you any guarantees, but I certainly would not give up hope.

Back
Top Bottom