How loud are baby chicks when in the brooder both day & night?

Thanks, this is not something I thought about. I don't really have much choise sinse it's too cold anywere else, but maybe I can put them not in a sleeping place at least. Is it too cold for chicks if it's close to 32 F (0 C)? With heating plate?

Do you have a garage. I’ve been brooding in the garage and it works so well. I’m on my second round with chicks and it wasn’t something I had thought about either so I plopped em in my dinning room. It was a terrible idea, I’m allergic to the dander they create which causes me to have dizzy spells. Moved them to the garage as soon as I found out.

Thanks, this is not something I thought about. I don't really have much choise sinse it's too cold anywere else, but maybe I can put them not in a sleeping place at least. Is it too cold for chicks if it's close to 32 F (0 C)? With heating plate?
Heat plate (which brand/model) or mama heat pad?
I brood outdoors, in the coop and use the mhp. It was 23 (f) overnight here and this morning my chicks (5 days old) are happy little peeps scampering around.

I have a room in a house which is used as a cold room for potatos and so on and is not a living space. But it can get just above freezing at nights and I was worried it will be to cold. Any other place is well bellow freezing. Maybe a week inside the house and then in that cold room?

If 23 f is good enough then I am happy, no need to sleep with chicks :) I'll do my best not to let it to be that cold, but some cold nights are coming and everything can happen. Thank you all for the ansvers! After a month or so weather should be getting warmer and unheated spaces will be warm enough.

If 23 f is good enough then I am happy, no need to sleep with chicks :) I'll do my best not to let it to be that cold, but some cold nights are coming and everything can happen. Thank you all for the ansvers! After a month or so weather should be getting warmer and unheated spaces will be warm enough.

Yes! It’s much better to start them in a colder environment as opposed to a warm house for a week then a cold environment afterwards. Good luck on your little fluff balls. What a fun adventure chicken keeping is!

My incubator is for 24 but eggs I bought weren't very promising so half that maybe? And having in mind it's my first time.

Back
Top Bottom