How many BBW

elbesta

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 13, 2013
I am building a new pen that is 40' by 24' with a 8' by 12' coop on the side. How many turkeys can I keep in this size pen. I will have 3 for breeding stock year around, and the rest will be BBW for meat birds just for the summer. This is a brooder I made.

dont know how to answer your question, but with my hollands I have 20 x 30 with a 10 foot"roof" of chicken screen and 20 birds with no problems. Have to process 11 next week. I'm still a newbee as far as turkeys (2 years). Still working on stuff myself.

I raise Show Birds BBW. Poults require 2 square feet of floor space through 4 weeks of age and 6 square feet from 4 through 8 weeks of
age. By 12 weeks of age, hens must have at least 7 square feet, and toms at least 10 square feet.

This is where they will be. Should be lots of room for about 15 birds.

Still workin on it if the snow would go away.

My spoiled birds would not be able to stand that cold! BBW aren't that hardy of birds so make sure you can keep them around 70-50° or you'll have a hard time getting them to eat! BBW are wimps they weren't made to survive to harsh cold. Good luck. I'd put a heater by the food maybe it'll keep them near the food to stay warm!

Back
Top Bottom