How many birds are in your current flock?

Pics
I currently have 6, a black laced gold Wyandotte, white Leghorn, blue Andalusian, black sex link, olive egger and a calico princess. I planned for two, decided on three the week before I got them and left the feed store with four. I then went back two days later and got two more! The feed store I go to is an hour away. I have some that are closer but I like that one.

Well.....Chicken Math.......LOL!

So we originally wanted 10. We had a plan & that quickly went out the window.

When the chicks came in locally at the feed stores we bought 10:
3 Buff Orpingtons
2 Silver Laced Wyandottes
5 Easter Eggers

We were happy with what we had and didn’t plan to add more. Enter the well meaning Inlaws that decided they wanted to buy my daughter some chicks too. So they showed up with:
1 Black Sexlink
1 Gold Sexlink

By now we are at 12.....I had to get a second brooder going after they could be without the heat. My house smelled awful for what felt like years!

We were happily going along with our 12 “girls” when 1 of the Buff Orpingtons turns out to be a boy. :th

I saw a CL ad for a year old Favaucana that needed a new home. At this point 12 girls & 1 boy.......

The boy ended up being aggressive & mean so he went away......back to 12 again ;)

Then My daughter decided she wanted to have silkies for a 4-H project. A sweet local lady gave my daughter 2 silkies and my daughter bought a Buff Brahma from her as well. Up to 15 in two different coops at this point.

Then I made the mistake of joining some local chicken Facebook groups just to “look”. Gah, yeah right! I brought home 4 more!
3 Black Copper Marans & a Light Brahma.

Where does this leave us.....19 chickens when we meant to have 10 :gig

And of course I still want some Salmon Faverolles & Ameraucanas. :lau

Well.....Chicken Math.......LOL!

So we originally wanted 10. We had a plan & that quickly went out the window.

When the chicks came in locally at the feed stores we bought 10:
3 Buff Orpingtons
2 Silver Laced Wyandottes
5 Easter Eggers

We were happy with what we had and didn’t plan to add more. Enter the well meaning Inlaws that decided they wanted to buy my daughter some chicks too. So they showed up with:
1 Black Sexlink
1 Gold Sexlink

By now we are at 12.....I had to get a second brooder going after they could be without the heat. My house smelled awful for what felt like years!

We were happily going along with our 12 “girls” when 1 of the Buff Orpingtons turns out to be a boy. :th

I saw a CL ad for a year old Favaucana that needed a new home. At this point 12 girls & 1 boy.......

The boy ended up being aggressive & mean so he went away......back to 12 again ;)

Then My daughter decided she wanted to have silkies for a 4-H project. A sweet local lady gave my daughter 2 silkies and my daughter bought a Buff Brahma from her as well. Up to 15 in two different coops at this point.

Then I made the mistake of joining some local chicken Facebook groups just to “look”. Gah, yeah right! I brought home 4 more!
3 Black Copper Marans & a Light Brahma.

Where does this leave us.....19 chickens when we meant to have 10 :gig

And of course I still want some Salmon Faverolles & Ameraucanas. :lau

This is definitely chicken math!!!
I love it! This will be me!
Its so exciting and they have the most amazing personalities.
We have chicks at the moment. I suspect 2 are roosters.

Back
Top Bottom