How many duck eggs did you get today?

Pics
10 today and the K/C is still broody after all eggs taken and all straw cleaned out. The runner is now full broody sitting on 5 eggs. She does not get off the nest until I go in the coop. I may have to divide the coop and let her in the back pen .
That's great that your Runner is broody. I had read that they usually will not bother to hatch out any of their own and you have to give them either to a broody Hen or put them in an incubator. Has she ever hatched out any of her own before?

That's great that your Runner is broody. I had read that they usually will not bother to hatch out any of their own and you have to give them either to a broody Hen or put them in an incubator. Has she ever hatched out any of her own before?
The runner is only a year old. I have thought about moving the K/C in with the other flock and let her hatch them since she is almost 5.

So sorry to hear about your Runner. I hope you can hatch some more out if you want more. I need to downsize before winter comes again. I am up to 20 and that is past my limit for carrying water to in the winter time. Good luck with your decision.

Back
Top Bottom