How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

ive gotten 5 eggs out of 6 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon and my d'uccle just started laying

woot.gif

Is the cabbage a treat? Sorry...we are only in our second year of raising chickens ;) Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

I think the cabbage just fights boredom, by hanging it from a string it gives the chickens something to peck and pick at. It will spin and move away from them keeping their attention a apple will do the same thing.

Because those things freeze solid up here I buy a "block" of wild bird seed about a foot square and pack real firmly together to give them something during the long winter coop hours.

I've been getting 1-3 a day out of four hens; I've lost half my hens in the past month.

BTW, I have NHRs that are past 20 weeks (but it's winter). I don't think they're laying yet, but should I coop them to check? I ask b/c if they're laying, they're laying in the yard/woods.

I've been getting 1-3 a day out of four hens; I've lost half my hens in the past month.

BTW, I have NHRs that are past 20 weeks (but it's winter). I don't think they're laying yet, but should I coop them to check? I ask b/c if they're laying, they're laying in the yard/woods.

I'm so sorry
sad.png
Do you know why you've lost some of your girls?

What color are their combs (the pullets)?

These are the best of the best from the last four days for a customer who's going to hatch them. Feels good to pack them all up and get them ready to go!!

Is the cabbage a treat?  Sorry...we are only in our second year of raising chickens ;)  Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

Yes it's a great way to keep the chickens happy and healthy... Take a head of cabbage, half or quarter it where part of the core is attached on each piece and suspend it from a small cord at about a foot off the ground (lower for smaller birds). You can put all or cut parts out and eat the rest... :plbb
I like cabbage as well... Lol.

Another good treat... And don't laugh..... But any eggs that you don't use within a decent time you can hard bowl, crush it up and feed it to them as well... It adds protein to their diet... I was apprehensive at first on that but I've read so much in this year that I've found many great ideas that have been wonderful...

Last edited:
These are the best of the best from the last four days for a customer who's going to hatch them. Feels good to pack them all up and get them ready to go!!

Do you just put the fertilized eggs in a dry place without washing them? My husband wants to try our had at hatching a nice flock for meat birds and to replace my predator ravaged current flock of egg layers..... My roo has been VERY active :cd lately... All but 1 of the eggs I've cooked in the last few weeks were fertile....

Back
Top Bottom