How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Hmm...you shouldn't be able to tell that easily that they are fertilized until they are headed for several days. The little blood spots do not mean they're fertile...
But anyway, yes, we just take the eggs, unwashed from the coop and put them point down into the egg cartons. I only save the best eggs--standard size (not too big, not too small), perfect shells, and nice shape. The torpedoes don't make the cut ;)
Then I just store them on the counter for 4-5 days before I incubate.
This system got me a 97% hatch rate in my HovaBator 1588 last time! :)

Hmm...you shouldn't be able to tell that easily that they are fertilized until they are headed for several days. The little blood spots do not mean they're fertile...
But anyway, yes, we just take the eggs, unwashed from the coop and put them point down into the egg cartons. I only save the best eggs--standard size (not too big, not too small), perfect shells, and nice shape. The torpedoes don't make the cut
wink.png

Then I just store them on the counter for 4-5 days before I incubate.
This system got me a 97% hatch rate in my HovaBator 1588 last time!
smile.png

I've read you should be able to tell fertility by checking the white spot on the yolk.
If it's just a round blob, it's not fertile. If it looks like a "target" (spot in the middle of a ring), it is fertile.

Back
Top Bottom