How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I agree with Blooie, no DE for my coops. Deep litter here too. Have 3.5 dozen eggs stocked up to get us through the deworm stage. It may be enough.

I don't like egg loss for any reason, predation, seasonal, or feeding them chemicals that poison the eggs. But, that is how I look at it.

First egg from my only hen old enough to lay. She's a silkie and I heard they wouldn't lay for a long time but I guess nobody told her because she's only 5.5 months old. It was an adorable little thing

Last edited:
12/12! The one that has been laying soft eggs did a good try today, got it in the nest box. Had a very thin shell so it did break in the box when I went to pick it up. But hey it atleast had a shell!

6 out of 8 from regular layers despite the rainy day. One from one the new layers with the small beginner eggs.

Last edited:
8 chicken eggs today
wee.gif

6 eggs from the control group
smile.png

2 eggs from the free range chickens
wink.png

114 F degrees
droolin.gif
the dry heat and high temp brings out a lot of small bugs at night and the but sprayer who comes out once a month got in something new to their company a natural spray that supposedly wont hurt the wild life for me to try on the little water bugs with a strong minty order and to my surprise it is keeping the bugs off my door and window screens but this is the first day at testing .....

Back
Top Bottom