How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Chree whole eggs outta, oh hell, I am losing count of possibles and littles...so my guess is
3/9/12
lau.gif
That means you are where I am! I know for sure out of the older 9 girls, Daphne is worthless. She's not even eye candy, so why she's still out there eating chicken food I don't know. And out of the Littles, I know all 4 Easter Eggers and 3 Red Sex Links are laying. BUT - out of 4 Light Brahma Littles and 8 Buff Brahma Tinys the picture starts to get muddy.
he.gif

That's pretty good!

Yesterday I finally got 12/12 from my pullets. One shell was super thin and broke. But better then the shell less eggs one had been laying. But last night we were getting a bad thunderstorm and half of my run is covered with a tarp to block the sun and I was out there shutting their door in a panic after dark since they ALWAYS put themselves to bed on time. Well the one night I was rushing in the dark, thunder, lightning and pouring rain somehow one wasn't in the coop I guess. Went out to let them out this morning and saw her bee bopping in the run. I was a little bewildered to see her there. Her tail feathers were a little wet and her fluffy butt feathers were lil wet but her skin was dry. She was some happy to see the others when I opened the chicken door to the run. Just proves the one night you break your routine, something goes wrong. Thankfully she slept under the tarp! But needless to say she's the one that finally laid the egg with the thin shell and nothing from her today. Can't say I blame her. I felt like such a horrible chicken mom this morning.

Me too! But I counted them 4 times tonight and checked the run atleast 3 times before I went back to the house just to be sure all 12 were there in the coop for the night! Haha

We got 6 out of 8 layers. Our biggest haul so far! Our silkie started up again today, she went broody last month, and our little Pekin who we had all but given up on ever laying started this month too (she is 11 months old)!
1f414.png
1f600.png

And 1 quail egg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom