How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Didn't collect eggs, been searching for hatching eggs for Light or Dark Brahmas or LF Blue Cochin or Jersey Giants. Plus I have over 4 dozen eggs in the fridge I need to drop off to make room for more.

Friday

16 eggs
big_smile.png

7 chicks hatched
jumpy.gif

6 eggs from the control group
wee.gif

10 eggs from the free range chickens
smile.png

Temp in the high 70's but windy most of the day
th.gif

6 Russian Orloff chicks hatched out of 8 mail order eggs
clap.gif

1 Molten Houdan chick hatched from 6 mail ordered eggs
hmm.png

All in all I am very happy with the results
love.gif
Now to see if they will live long enough to make a difference in the breeding program
cool.png

Funny the RO eggs came from Ohio and the Molten Houdan eggs came from Arizona so it was not the distance but rather the age of the chickens producing the fertile eggs and chickens less then 18 months should not be having their eggs shipped oh the eggs from Ohio the seller had won several awards from the local fairs so I believe there was a bit of love for the product they put out
smile.png

gander007
old.gif

Friday

16 eggs
big_smile.png

7 chicks hatched
jumpy.gif

6 eggs from the control group
wee.gif

10 eggs from the free range chickens
smile.png

Temp in the high 70's but windy most of the day
th.gif

6 Russian Orloff chicks hatched out of 8 mail order eggs
clap.gif

1 Molten Houdan chick hatched from 6 mail ordered eggs
hmm.png

All in all I am very happy with the results
love.gif
Now to see if they will live long enough to make a difference in the breeding program
cool.png

Funny the RO eggs came from Ohio and the Molten Houdan eggs came from Arizona so it was not the distance but rather the age of the chickens producing the fertile eggs and chickens less then 18 months should not be having their eggs shipped oh the eggs from Ohio the seller had won several awards from the local fairs so I believe there was a bit of love for the product they put out
smile.png

gander007
old.gif
Great egg count & hatch count. Too bad only 1 of the Molten Houdan hatched, but that's better than 0 (which is what I got this time
sad.png
).

Wondering if anyone has any ideas. We got feed store chicks they are about 10 weeks old now. One is ameraucana...?... hatchery.

Anyways she honks. Not like a true honk, but a weird half honk. Definitely not a normal chicken sound. I've heard it a few times hubby just heard it today

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone has any ideas. We got feed store chicks they are about 10 weeks old now. One is ameraucana...?... hatchery.

Anyways she honks. Not like a true honk, but a weird half honk. Definitely not a normal chicken sound. I've heard it a few times hubby just heard it today

Are you sure it's z girl??? Some times a young crow sounds honky.

Back
Top Bottom