How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

@Wickedchicken6 I have stepped on one or two of mine no one had died or is crippled by it
but have learned my balance is not perfect and they should not stand too darn close
I am roughly at 8 of 20 but while I heal from my fall in the house the guys have been on chicken
patrol I did hobble out just to spread some goodies and water told my bf I do feel my bruises
and wounds should be fine after a week would like to go clean tomorrow

@Wickedchicken6 I have stepped on one or two of mine no one had died or is crippled by it
but have learned my balance is not perfect and they should not stand too darn close
I am roughly at 8 of 20 but while I heal from my fall in the house the guys have been on chicken
patrol I did hobble out just to spread some goodies and water told my bf I do feel my bruises
and wounds should be fine after a week would like to go clean tomorrow
I felt extra bad because she's younger, probably from a Sept/Oct. hatch.
I was wondering how you were feeling. Glad to hear you're well on the mend.
thumbsup.gif

1 egg yesterday! Yayy! I added light to the coop cuz I missed collecting eggs. They stopped laying all together. I haven't been getting eggs in a month or so.
They have been snowed in the past few days.

So far I only got 3/5 as of 12:30. If I don't get any at lockup,this will be the least sense all started laying regularly, about 5 months ago. Weather related as my girls were cooped up for 2 days. Its in the 30s today, did not get out of the teens for 2 days. 4 of my girls ventured out to the run as of 12:45. GC

Yes I'm getting excellent performance, but its because I have a red sex-links type of chicken, bred for high egg laying and they are in their prime at 9 months of age. GC
I have 12 RSLs, 1 is 5 years old, 3 are 4 years old and 8 are 2 years old. I feel truly lucky that so many of my birds live so long, but I pay a high price - no eggs! I have several other breeds 4 years old and older. I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot of sadness this coming year as my girls reach the end of their lives.

Back
Top Bottom