How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

same here! We had a BCM and wanted those dark chocolate eggs... turned out to be our only rooster:/

OUCH! How old was he when you figured it out? Maybe mine is a boy! What do you think?

She didnt like me in her space while dust bathing! Lol

She will be 33 weeks on Saturday & no eggs yet. Im hoping it is just the short days causing her not to lay, rather than her being a HE!

Last edited:
OUCH! How old was he when you figured it out? Maybe mine is a boy! What do you think?

She didnt like me in her space while dust bathing! Lol

She will be 33 weeks on Saturday & no eggs yet. Im hoping it is just the short days causing her not to lay, rather than her being a HE!
33 wks? Looks like you've got a pullet for sure. Almost looks like a Black Australorp (yours doesn't look very much copper).
Our Golden laced wyandotte just laid her first egg last week @36 weeks!! Just takes time for some. Good feed, good water?

4/5 today, 146 for the month, way to go girls. Predicted snow fall 2", so far around 4". My girls don't like snow. If the ground is white they stay in or under coop.
Picture is from previous snow fall. I don't like snow either, but at least it was powdery and not wet. GC

4/5 today, 146 for the month, way to go girls. Predicted snow fall 2", so far around 4". My girls don't like snow. If the ground is white they stay in or under coop. Picture is from previous snow fall. I don't like snow either, but at least it was powdery and not wet. GC
When we had snow they wouldn't go here either made me laughed so hard made me cry

33 wks? Looks like you've got a pullet for sure. Almost looks like a Black Australorp (yours doesn't look very much copper).
Our Golden laced wyandotte just laid her first egg last week @36 weeks!! Just takes time for some. Good feed, good water?
I got her feom a local. She hatched her 6/18/16 and i picked her up 3 weeks later on 7/9/16. She is an olive egger, but i dont know what breeds were used. She doesnt look like my australorp when you see her upright. I would say she looks more like my marans. She is very large too. Definitly has the EE look. Her comb was total black, but now she has red under the black. Her shanks look like my marans pillet but her foot bottoms are more white though. All my pullets that are younger than her are now laying (except marans hatched september) so I think their diet is good. Water is fresh up to 3x daily. Im happy she is a SHE
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom