How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Glad you were able to get out and plant. We must be in a different region. We will be tilling this week. Should have gone and rented a tractor, but my father in law brought this tiller over. So we will do it the hard way.
Last frost date for the area is the 17th but the forecast was promising. Plus I've been hardening them all of last week. Tomorrow will be squash and yard long beans and am shooting to set out the pak choi on Wednesday. I'm quite excited.

Good luck with your luffas! My chickens love gourds, though I’ve only grown them the culinary varieties. They will even eat the leaves even after they’ve blackened and dried up post-frost.
Luffa is edible when harvested in the tender stage. They're quite tasty stir-fried and in soups. Growing up, I actually didn't realize until later that the scrubby sponge came from the veggie. :p

Luffa is edible when harvested in the tender stage. They're quite tasty stir-fried and in soups. Growing up, I actually didn't realize until later that the scrubby sponge came from the veggie. :p
Oh neat! I’ve grown snake bean gourds and cucuzzi, plus the birdhouse and bushel varieties for drying. I really should give luffa a try!

22 today :)

20240409_185525.jpg

Back
Top Bottom