How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I still cant figure out which one of my girls is laying. I tried to sit and watch and then as soon as I got up and walked away and came back there was a egg.. Gofigure
THis is the egg I am getting everyday.. I have a buff, RIR, New Hampshire, and two australorps.
That looks like my Buff's egg. But I don't have NH or Austra's so I'm not sure what theirs look like. But my RIR eggs are darker.

I still cant figure out which one of my girls is laying. I tried to sit and watch and then as soon as I got up and walked away and came back there was a egg.. Gofigure
THis is the egg I am getting everyday.. I have a buff, RIR, New Hampshire, and two australorps.
That egg defiantely looks as big as the eggs my Austrolorp lays.

Well, it looks like 16 is the new number now. For days we were getting 11 or twelve eggs a day and now it looks like another 4 of our BSL's have come on line and are now laying. We've gotten 16 nice brown ones for the past 3 days. We have 24 BSL's that I believe are now 30 weeks old. We've been getting one very large one like ChopTank330's been getting above, but maybe not quite as big. In past flocks I've seen them lay eggs like this early on and then things even out. Right now with our layers we're pretty much getting large size eggs but I'm betting by spring we're going to be seeing jumbo ones like we were getting from our Golden Comets last year.

7 today, including both the EEs for the 3rd day in a row
wee.gif

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom