How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

was an exciting day today my buff started laying today and also one of my babies laid foe the first time today. I have three different size eggs and two different colors 3/4 on the day

Yesterday - 12/17, 1/12

I'm thinking of culling the 12 that aren't producing so I can get a straight run of something... either Buffs or something unique (any suggestions? I want something that lays brown eggs and is rare)
partridge rocks are a good breed may go broody but lay some nice cream/ light brown eggs had two and loved them now have a rooster :)

C
check out Wyandotte's they are beautiful and rare (in Indiana) anyway. They are great layers of brown eggs and very docile birds.

I had SLWs once and they didn't last a year for me... they were too docile with my other hen and were beaten up a lot. This caused a lot of stress for them and then they didn't survive through the winter. (This is when we decided not to get any more RIR, they were just too aggressive toward their flock mates). BUT, Wyandottes are indeed beautiful birds, I wished that they had worked out.

13 from 28 today, our daily record is 19. We had several that matured during this winter. I am hoping this spring they will all start producing good. But, we have several picked out to find a new home for. Our flock is about as big as we can handle and we want to make room for some new ones.

Back
Top Bottom